End of Jailbreaking?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Happyman7, Mar 30, 2010.

1. Happyman7

Happyman7 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I don't want to scare anyone;

But doesn't this impose that the end of jailbreaking is on the horizon?

---
    Please give your opinions & wipe your feet. Or vice versa.
  2. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Apple can patch, then we will find another exploit. It will never end. Jailbreaking will always be available, it just depends on how much you want to jailbreak.

There is this little rule about security within a system. To sum it up, there is NO security within a system. No security no matter how complex/secure is fully secure. There will ALWAYS be a way around it. No system is unhackable is basically what I'm trying to get across.

Jailbreaking will always be around, but it will not always be this easy to do (You have it easy, trust me

Please Register or Log in to view images

)
  3. maxxdout

maxxdout Active Member

There will always be exploits, it's just a matter of who will find it and what they will do to make it usable.
  4. Magnum

Magnum New Member

There will neva, eva be something without an exploit. There are millions of exploits atm on the ipod that we dont even know about. There are major security problems with our world that prohibits us to make a truly "Unhackable" devise.
  5. Happyman7

Happyman7 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yeah, but if you think about it—In the future it might take so long to jailbreak a device that Apple could release a new update before they (the dev team/jailbreaking community) can release a jailbreaking application/program.

Cantaloupe
  6. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

I find that there's no point in speculating about this, we will see what happens in the future. Hm, I feel like eating some cantaloupe.
  7. Airion

Airion Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Every piece of technology is not perfect... They say there will be no exploits or anything like that, but a few months later, we find an exploit!
  8. Aprosamurai

Aprosamurai Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    But it's never been "We", It's a select few, not all of us. A vast majority of us saw video's on youtube on how to jailbreak since the beginning of iPhod(iPhone/iPod) jailbreaking back in the 1.xx days(Or Golden Ages of Jailbreaking) to now. And even then people like myself and many others that have been here since the beginning, have not been finding exploits but rather benefiting from them and the work of the select few willing to take their own time and look for them. So yes.....we as a community jailbreak but we as a community do not make the jailbreaks nor can we even say we in that matter sadly enough.
  9. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'm not quite sure why you made a new thread when all the discussion on this subject is already going on in the thread you link to and quote... pls try and keep it all in one place in future rather than opening up a separate thread as it just fractures the topic. Thanks
  10. Aodhan97

Aodhan97 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    most people thought the 2g would never be jailbroken and now look.. they'll evenetually find a bootrom exploit if geohot and both devs get along and if they dont we can use the untethered that there coming with and just dont upgrade , apple will tempt us though