end contact?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by football930, Mar 25, 2009.

1. football930

football930 New Member

How would i get out of my two year verizon contract to get an iphone with at&t? im already 1 year through it, with a year to go. i hear that you can call up and complain about the government tax and potentially get out. any of you heard anything like that?
  2. that one guy

that one guy New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    you can't. just deal with vz wireless for a year
  3. Clusterfunk

Clusterfunk New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Don't listen to "that_one_guy" because he doesn't know what he's talking about it. It says in the contract that you can get out of your contract if they raise your rates. Watch this video, it's very helpful:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYUAnnCFscw

However, I did not do that to get out of my contract because they hadn't raised any rates for a long time. The coverage at my house was not that great for Verizon and the Data network was pretty slow, so I called up and told them about it and they eventually sent out a technician who deemed that the coverage was as bad as I said and they let me out of it within 4 days of my first call.

Or you could pay about $115 per phone to get out of your contract (assuming you're 12 months in).

Or, go to a website like http://celltradeusa.com/ to trade a contract to someone else.
  4. dette

dette New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I called Sprint out when they raised there fees and thats how I got out but Sprint was messing stuff up right and left (which they did make up by giving me free stuff!) but I got how with the facts that they have messed up and have records of it and the fees increased by like 24 cents or something small and stupid like that!
    You just need to find a loophole

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

If you are interested in getting out of Verizon and into a contract with AT+T you might get lucky by talking with an AT+T representative.

I am not sure if they do it that often but I know they used to credit your account the same amount that it costs to get out of your Verizon contract.

I like the idea of the loophole better; but it might not hurt to talk with AT+T sometime and see what they can do for you.
  6. Clusterfunk

Clusterfunk New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    They said that they wouldn't, under any circumstances, pay for my ETF on Verizon to switch to AT&T.
  7. iatmyhome

iatmyhome Banned

yes me too so bad my god!