Enabling external speaker AND mic?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by digitaltoast, Oct 1, 2009.

1. digitaltoast

digitaltoast New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Just bought an external mic and the t-pain app, the blurb said "mic headphones recommended" (not required) but when I plug the mic in, it cuts the external speaker. How can I re-activate the iPod touch speaker so I can hear the beat while recording?

Or is there any other way of getting some sort of sound out of the touch at the same time the mic is plugged in? IS there some way of perhaps using a nearby Macbook as a bluetooth audio device? I'm just guessing here!

touch 2g 8Gb un-jail-broken

(And there's no way I'm going to spend £30+ on a headphone mic just to have a few hours fun with one app before anyone asks!)
  2. €p1c

€p1c New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    If you jailbreak it, you can access the file system of the iPod Touch and mess around with the coding of how the external speakers work. Or...just buy headphones/mic and plug in through the audio jack...?
  3. digitaltoast

digitaltoast New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah, I guess what I'm saying is:

app: £1.79 - fun will last about 3 hours
    thumbtack mic: £3
    headphones/mic: £30 (cheapest I can find)

In other words, £30 or jailbreaking it just to enable £1.79 and 3 hours worth of fun isn't quite what I had in mind! Just a simple way of turning on the ipod speaker while the mic is plugged in will do me fine.