Enable Voice Control?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by tw23, Oct 28, 2010.

1. tw23

tw23 Community Development Staff Member

Is there away to enable voice control with a hack???
  2. LazerNarwhal

LazerNarwhal Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    The reason iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2G can't have voice control is because of hardware limitations, otherwise I'm sure there would be a hack.
  3. tw23

tw23 Community Development Staff Member

Ok thx I heard that somewhere but just wanted to confirm it. Thank u
  4. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    There have been people working on it for the iPhone 3G... They have/are either:
    -given up
    -still working on it

Steve Jobs said it was a voice control chip = (as stated before) hardware. But it isn't working and probably never will. I looked at it (on another forum, forgot which one) but stopped after 2 week.
  5. Bigray14719

Bigray14719 Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I found a video on youtube of how to enable voice control on a ipod touch 2g.

The methods used in enabling it werent exactly kosher.

However has anyone been able get it working and how reliable is it.
  6. Night-Hawk

Night-Hawk New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Hey,

I always thought if there would be any way to activate the native voice control on an iPhone 3G.

I have a few clues how we might be able to get it to work, but I am not sure.

Maybe someone who knows more about this can help me.
    What I found are some .plist files that have something to do with the voice control and an app in the core services folder:

If you ssh into your iPhone and go to: /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/ you will find all the launch daemons plists and there are apparently some of them that have to do with VoiceControl...

I was able to find the first one on my iPhone3G but the other ones are not there.
    The first one points to another app in the core services which I also found on my iPhone3G.
    Its called "VoiceOverTouch.app" and sits in /System/Library/CoreServices/

It looks like this might be the native voiceControl app but I dont know how you could activate it on an iPhone3G.

Furthermore is the iPhone3G missing all the other plist which are maybe dealing with voicecontrol.
    I will ssh into the iPod Touch 4G from my brother and see if I can get a copy of the missing plists and the I will see what I can do.

If there is anyone who knows more than I do, please feel free to correct me.

EDIT:

So far I found a few really interesting differences from my iPhone3G and my brothers iPod4G.
    The most import one I think is in System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/
    Inside there are 2 (iPhone3G) and 3 (iPod4G) .plist files which I think are very important.

My iPhone3G has 2 .plist files called: N82AP.plist and N88AP.plist.
    The iPod4G has 3 .plist files called: N18AP.plist, N72AP.plist and N81AP.plist

I am not yet sure how these fit together but inside the N18AP.plist I could find these lines:
    If anyone has more information about the 5 .plist files I would be glad to hear them!!!

So far from me.
  7. Night-Hawk

Night-Hawk New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)