Emulators kind of slow?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kaivorth, Mar 5, 2009.

1. kaivorth

kaivorth New Member

So far, I'm really loving all these emulators. The GPSPhone and GB4Iphone ones in particular. Now I heard of "frameskip"? I know what it is, but I don't see any options for it anywhere. Most of the games don't quite play smoothly enough. Would a restart help it speed up? Do Winterboard themes slow it down?
  2. jlgm25

jlgm25 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    depends on what processes are running on your ipod. for example, if you have other apps running in the background, then that would definitely slow down the emulation. Another is MobileSubstrate, the one responsible for winterboards and stuff in your springboard.
  3. flips30240

flips30240 New Member

also be aware of daemons that run without you knowing. winterboard uses one. as for frameskip there is currently no option for it yet.
  4. mamapop

mamapop New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok so what would you recomend i do since i have the same problem. is there a way to easily turn on and off this things so that when i wanna play pokemon or something i can switch it of realy wucikly and go back after?
  5. nikj14

nikj14 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    use the kill all toggle for SBSetting to kill off stuff that slows it down ( on cydia )