Emulator.

Discussion in 'iOS Emulators' started by coby!, Jan 12, 2008.

1. coby!

coby! New Member

Ive never had an emulator for anything, and I am going to get one for my iPod, but I have no clue where to get the actual games from and how do I getthem on my iPod?
  2. sharkie545

sharkie545 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    an emulator is basically a program tht lets u play certain games without the actual system ex a gba emulator allows u too play gba games without the gba system. to get the emulator on ipod u need to have a jailbroken ipod. to get the roms(games) there are diff sources which have them or u can manually put the roms on using winscp
  3. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

See my tutorials in my signature. click on Games at the top then one of the emulators - gpsPhone, psx4iPhone, or NES.
  4. coby!

coby! New Member

Thanks, Im a little confused by the terminology, but Ill look into it later.
  5. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

Not much to know, really.

Emulator: A piece of software that mimics the functionality of another system's hardware, thus allowing that system's software to be run on the system that's running the emulator.

ROM: The game or application data dumped from a cartridge's mask ROM chip.

ISO: A CD that has been ripped and turned into a file that can be burned back into a CD, or used within emulators that can read CD images. There are numerous formats of ISOs depending on what program ripped them, but a decent emulator that can read ISOs can usually read multiple formats.

BIOS: The Basic Input/Output System dumped from the hardware a console or computer. BIOS contains the most elementary functions of the system that allow it to boot up and load some sort of operating system. Some game consoles have their own BIOS, and emulators for these systems usually require you to have a file that contains its BIOS in order to run.

That's the basic terminology in a nutshell.