Emulator Guide

Discussion in 'iOS Emulators' started by J-Phone, Mar 31, 2010.

1. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    What's a emulator?
    A emulator is a program that duplicates a function of one system to another.

How does the emulator involve my ipod/iphone?
    By jailbreaking you can run classic consoles like playstation 1, nintendo 64, NES, gameboy color, gameboy advance, and few more.

Well where do i get these emulators?
    You can them from Cydia/Rock from the ZodTTD source. After installing them you open the app and run your ROM.

What's a ROM?
    ROM stands for Read-only memory, which is used by gaming consoles and other media devices for their use.

What kind of emulators are there for ipod touch/iphone?
    How do I use the ROM's with the emulator?
    After you've downloaded the ROM you want, you will need some knowledge with SSH. Once you've gotten into your selected file broswer, head to this folder /var/mobile/media/ROMs/(Emulator you're using)

Why is the game's sound poor?
    ROMs aren't perfect copies of the games so you will have some bad things on them. Another is your ipod/iphone isn't a gameboy color or nintendo 64 itself.

If I missed anything please post here or PM me. I will add it and give credit to you.

NES Emulator
    [​IMG]The NES emulator can be found in cydia in the bigboss repo. The app is called NES 3 and costs $5.99. This emulator can be played in vertical and landscape mode. It can only play NES games, no other.

GBA Emulator
    [​IMG]
    This emulator has the ability to run gameboy advance games. You can find this app in cydia for $4.99 in the ZodTTD Repo.

GBC Emulator
    [​IMG]
    This emulator can run ROMs for gameboy and gameboy color. NOT gameboy adavance. You can get this app for free from ZodTT repo in cydia. You can play the games in vertical and landscape mode.

PSX Emulator
    [​IMG]
    This emulator can run most ROMs for the classic playstation 1. You can get this app in cydia from ZodTT repo for free. Some ipod touch/iphone users may experience gaming lag. 3G and 3GS users will usually wont have these problems.

Super Nintendo Emulator
    [​IMG]
    This emulator has the ability to run Super Nintendo Games. This app unlike the others needs rock extenstion to run meaning you need rockmyphone app on your device. This app is at $5.99 in the rock store.

Sega Genesis & Sega CD Emulator
    [​IMG]
    This emulator has the abilities to play Sega Genesis & Sega CD ROMs. This app can be downloaded from cydia for free from the ZodTTD Repo.

NEC Turbo Graphix 16 Emulator
    [​IMG]
    This emulator can play most games for the NEC Turbo Graphix 16. It can be downloaded from cydia for free from the ZodTTD Repo.

MAME Emulator
    [​IMG]
    This emulator has the ability to play most arcade games from the 1970's-2000. You can download this app from cydia from ZodTTD Repo.

Credits:
    Appman for giving me information on all the emulators
    Danls92 for his Possible Emulators​
  2. David.

David. Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    This guide is a little sketchy, you do encourage them to get ROMs, so Idk. I would expand the guide as well. Maybe give a little summary of each emulator out, what you would need with it, and rate it overall.
  3. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    its 11PM so I got school 2marrow so im going to bed lol, said i'd add more 2marrow
  4. Appman

Appman Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    ROMs aren't illegal if you already own the game. I don't use emulators so, I may be wrong.
  5. David.

David. Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I thought there was a big discussion, that even if you do own the game, having the ROM is illegal. I may be wrong.
  6. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    ROMs are illegal no matter what. EVen if you buy one you only bought that copy, even having 100 copies of a game and having 1 ROM of the same game is illegal since you didnt pay for it
  7. David.

David. Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    As I thought, so I would advise you to take the part out about finding a ROM. Just post to obtain one, now where/how.
  8. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    updated some details on the apps, will add more 2marrow
  9. iPodArthur

iPodArthur New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    • Illegal/piracy-related discussions
    [removed]
  10. iDrag0m1r

iDrag0m1r Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Meh, It leaves out some details, but it gives people some basics.