Emoji: Some people are just plain dumb.

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by JusTiNcReDiBLe, Jul 28, 2009.

1. JusTiNcReDiBLe

JusTiNcReDiBLe Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Am I the only one here who figured out that you don't have to buy ANY of these Emoji "apps" to activate those cool little emoticons? If you are reading this and have NOT bought any Emoji apps yet, please navigate to your keyboards in your Settings app. You'll see that Emoji is already there.

The people who buys these apps are being jipped. App makers are not able to let you add keyboards. Otherwise there wouldn't be like 20 Emoji apps all "selling" the same thing.

I haven't bought a single one of those apps and I'm really sad that I can't write a review and warn people, since Apple doesn't let you write a review for an app you didn't purchase, obviously.

Sigh... okay, so are there any other people out there who have realized this? God help us all.
  2. iZ3RO

iZ3RO Member

Device:
    iPad
    I just checked. I did not download or buy ANY Emoji app from the AppStore or Cydia,
    but...

I DON'T HAVE EMOJI.
  3. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Um, no, there's no Emoji option in the keyboard settings.
  4. dong1225

dong1225 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Are you sure that you didn't enable emoji by some means before? bacause it didn't show up on my stock 3.0 firmware.

Anyways, yeah, I know! Emoji apps are so stupid, it's already there by apple and people are making bucketloads of money off by just enabling it.

What's up with apple too? why didn't they enable it in the first place? Did they really want to show that they are reatarded this way?

P.S. By the way, if your emoji is not enabled yet and you didn't jailbreak so you can't use supreme preference or something get spell number from app store and read the reviews to get it for free.
  5. loneapple24

loneapple24 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I got a paid Emoji application when it was free.
  6. Vesper

Vesper Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    this is how i got mine as well. Praise be to AppSniper

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. JusTiNcReDiBLe

JusTiNcReDiBLe Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Are you guys sure? You need to navigate to 'Japanese', select it, and then look for 'Emoji'.

I could be wrong, maybe I downloaded a free emoji app once, but I don't think I did.

But on another note, my emoji keyboard is bugged... the "globe" icon is instead a blank gray square, and the clear button is a blank gray square as well.
  8. Mgssidley

Mgssidley Member

Its not there by default T.T You need some app to enable it. But there are free ones.
  9. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Nope, there's only Qwerty and Kana options.
  10. bohemian03

bohemian03 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    yea it's not there by default but i got it from cydia for free.

i think that's the best option.