Eminem - Recovery

Discussion in 'Music, Movies, TV, and Videos' started by David., Jun 21, 2010.

1. David.

David. Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Well the awaited album is out. Eminem drops Recovery today (6-21-10). I have just picked up my copy at Best Buy.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Now what you will notice if you buy the physical copy is, that the artwork is interchangeable. With the EXPLICIT tag on both sides. Also, half of the songs lyrics are on one side, then you have to flip it over to the second cover, and start at that beginning to finish. The default cover is Eminem walking down the road.

Now for my 2 cents: I loved this album. In my opinion, another great work of Eminem's. I think every song is good, and none fail to meet my expectations. Also, this album is a lot more serious than we are used to seeing Eminem. He mentions Proof a lot in this album.

So, what are your thoughts?
  2. yuyaera

yuyaera Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Still haven't listened to the whole album yet, But from what I already heard it's pretty great.

And about the album cover... I think the one where he is walking down the road looks better than the other.
  3. Chicken

Chicken Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I don't enjoy rap and I haven't listened to this album. My friend however quite likes rap, he said that the album's terrible and he hates it. Just putting this out there.
  4. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

The rapping itself is fantastic but the production brings the album down. Also Eminem should absolutely not sing in harmony with himself. Take "Kill You" from the Marshall Mathers LP. He sings, but doesn't try to sing out of his range and doesn't harmonize with himself. It sounds much, much better.
  5. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    At first I really didn't like the production at all, but it's grown on me. I'm going in a little while to pick up my own physical copy from Best Buy in a bit, although I've already listened to the digital copy at least 10 times. Lol I think it's a bit funny how today I woke up saying "Holy crap Recovery's out" and it wasn't until I booted up my MacBook that I realized "Holy crap iOS 4.0 is out."
  6. David.

David. Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I think you have to listen to the album a few times to for my your opinion. I am on my third time, and I am liking it more.

Also Chicken, a reason why?

And I know, I am kind of biased, since I love everything of Eminem's, I really do like the album. I can judge it on a level of where, I could be just someone listening, not a fan.
  7. DeadlyD™

DeadlyD™ New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I don't like rap at all. I did listen to his older stuff, and I like it because it's really funny. The song Just Lose It is my favorite. I doubt I would like this album though, because his Refill or whatever was crap.
  8. David.

David. Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    If you only like his comical rap, you will not like this.
  9. LtAreaFish117

LtAreaFish117 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Eminem is amazing, and this album was fantastic. "Not Afraid" was my personal favorite. Great video too.
  10. Chicken

Chicken Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I'll ask him tomorrow and post back here.