!!Emergency Help!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Johnny Quest, Oct 30, 2008.

1. Johnny Quest

Johnny Quest Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Hey, I just went to installer and then hit the home button and then it went to the spinning wheel for a long time. I thought it was rebooting itself, but it kept on and on. So, I shut down my ipot and the apple symbol came on I put it on my iHome radio so I can charge ( I do that every night) and nothing. In fact, its overheating to a point where I can't hold it in my hands. I try to hit the shut down button but its doing nothing.
    Can someone help me I think I just fried my ipot. right now, I able to shut it down so it can cool off. What do I do? Is this the end of my ipot?
  2. AppleDude

AppleDude Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
  3. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    dude shut up^

did you try putting your ipod in DFU mode?
  4. Johnny Quest

Device:
    iPhone 6
    I'm able to shut it down and let it cool off but try turning it on and it still stays on the Apple logo.
  5. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    no, at the apple logo,

connect your ipod to your computer and open itunes, hold the power and home buttons for exactly ten seconds, then let go of power but keep holding home.
  6. AppleDude

AppleDude Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    STFU "Tman"
  7. Johnny Quest

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Oh man, its in the restore mode "its alive" thank you so much Tman47. I have to jailbreak it when I get home from work but at least its working now. Thank you again. I was afraid that it would be fried. I mean it was burning hot. I had to hold it with a towel. Thanks.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I think there's something wrong with Cydia and Installer running together. Its doing the same thing again as this morning. Its freezing up on me and then I have to keep pressing the power button just to get out of that mode. I'm going to try to do this again and see I install the cydia without the installer.