Email clients

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by TouchMe123, Dec 1, 2007.

1. TouchMe123

TouchMe123 New Member

Ok ive been reading through alot of the threads about the mail app and the different email clients and work and dont work with it.

So from what ive read, gmail works well with the mail app. Is this really the only email client that does work properly?

I have hotmail and this izymail crap expires so that doesnt work as efficiently.

Im not quite sure about yahoo all to well but i hear that it doesnt work either unless you have plus account, correct me if im wrong.

I really dont want to use gmail so is there another way to sync your yahoo and hotmail with the mail app?

Sorry for the long post
  2. RoundysSince

RoundysSince New Member

gmail is good because it offers IMAP - meaning that your mail server and your mail.app is in synch, so when you delete stuff, it gets deleted. As for Yahoo, the free account only offers POP mail - meaning the mail you get is just forwarded.. no matter how many times you delete in mail.app, the mails stay on the server.
  3. TouchMe123

TouchMe123 New Member

So yahoo does offer free pop. I wasnt sure. So if i delete an email in my inbox on my ipod then it wont delete if i check it on the pc? Is that what you mean.

What about folders. are folders synced or no?

and if you get a new email and you are using yahoo, does that little widget say that i have one unread message or is that only with imap enabled clients?
  4. RoundysSince

RoundysSince New Member

No, sorry.. Yahoo doesn't offer free POP. But it looks like they're on the iPhone bandwagon so you should check it out and see how that works. I prefer gmail - the cons are about the same except gmail doesn't have the tacky spam sig like the free Yahoo mail does.