Email client on the touch. Why doesn't it update the inbox?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Euroman26, Jul 25, 2009.

1. Euroman26

Euroman26 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have an Ipod touch 2G and have been using the onboard Email client with the POP3 account I have with my ISP. One question though. If I download email from the account ontofirst the IPOD and then e.g. Outlook on my laptop. Then if I press send/recieve on the Ipod touch emailclient then the inbox doesn' update on the touch. The old emails still sit in the Inbox on the touch. I have a phone which runs Windows Mobile and if I do something simular in the email client on that phone. That inbox updates automatically. But now the inbox on the ipod touch. Is that a missing feature in the apple email client?
  2. deleted account 106

deleted account 106 Member

Hmm I'm not quite sure what you mean, but it sounds like a software issue, maybe try a restore.
  3. whcodered

whcodered Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Has it always worked this way? I think this is a side-effect of using the POP3 mail servers. Once the email is downloaded on your touch, it stays there even if it's on the server or not. You may want to look in the settings of the mail app but if it always worked this way on your touch then I'm not sure if it's changeable.
  4. Euroman26

Euroman26 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    But how come the POP3 mail client Microsoft build for WM can do it?