Eliminator Pro Modding

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by NintendoSpy, Nov 10, 2009.

1. NintendoSpy

NintendoSpy New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    With some tamporing I have figured out how to mod the configuration for this game. I would post it here but the post about it on my site has all of the pictures so I think it would do you well to have a visual reference. Anyway I am going to write a simple text tutorial right now:

First thing you do is go to the folder for the eliminate application which is located at /var/mobile/Applications/[Application String]/.

Now you need to go into the quake engines files which are located in /var/mobile/Applications/[Application String]/LiveFire.app/quake3cd-demo/baseq3/. Then you will see a list of configs.

Open up the Autoexec.cfg in iFile or your favorite text editor on the computer.

Now you can add anything you like here because this is the cfg that is executed right when you start the application. Just search for “Quake 3 Commands” on Google for more. For this tutorial we will instert this exact code: set cg_thirdperson “1″

You should have third person the next time you open the game! I have a screenshot of me with third person in the map Emperors Hall for proof:

Please Register or Log in to view images

I forgot the rule of the internet that everything has been found out already

And I wasnt even taking credit for the maps...

There is a version with pictures on my site but I will need approval of the link before posting.
  2. jhloa2

jhloa2 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  3. tag009

tag009 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    That's pretty cool! I hope you can't change anything that will affect online gameplay (cheating) or else it will ruin the game

4. iptlolage123

iptlolage123 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yer that would be dissapointing
  5. Antonpup

Antonpup Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    This and more have been found before.... Link to post: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1933460&postcount=39
    Link to Thread: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262417

So, you may of found that just now.. But it's been discovered for more than a week now... So yeah...

Or, as i can see in your screenshot, its a custom map.. so you may of just looked at that post i provided, and gave all credit to yourself... after all, it was mentioned in the Custom Maps for Eliminate thread... so yeah..
  6. shortperson1026

shortperson1026 Active Member

You can't cheat online anymore, Ngmoco put a block on their servers.
  7. Retro349

Retro349 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Eliminate uses the Quake engine...

This is gonna be fun.
  8. iptlolage123

iptlolage123 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    wat do u mean a bock on all servers there will always be a cheat in every type on game dissapointing but true
  9. Sunrisemoon

Sunrisemoon New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    What is a bock? Or rather 'wat do u mean a bock?'

10. Antonpup

Antonpup Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I think he's trying to say that on their servers, they have set sv_cheats to 0 and they have set up their own configurations. So everytime you join a server, those configurations apply to you.. (They don't change any files.. untless it specifies in the configuration to)