Release "Elemental," my dear Watson

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by Berzerker, Dec 28, 2007.

1. Berzerker

Berzerker New Member

The new theme, mostly created by me (I thank Atreyu S3 of Insanelymac.com for certain icons made in this set), that I'm extremely proud of, inspired by my very fun Chemistry class.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Elemental:

Download: Elemental Theme

Be aware: This theme includes two separate folders, the theme folder called "Elemental" and the battery images set.

Instructions for theme installation: Log into your iPod through SFTP on a GUI FTP client and upload the Elemental folder to /var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Themes/ and it will be recognized in the SMBPrefs app on your iPod Touch.

Instructions for battery image installation: Install Customize from Installer.app, then navigate to /var/root/Library/Customize/BatteryImages/ and make a new folder with any name (it doesn't matter, it's just for organization) and upload the battery images (not the folder) into the newly created folder. Then, go into the Customize app on your iPod Touch > Battery Images section > choose the newly uploaded images.

Last step: Enjoy the theme!

Included app icons: Apollo, Calculator, Calendar, Camera icon for iPhones, Clock, Contacts, Customize, Finder, iBlackJack, Installer, iPod icon for iPhones, Music, iTunes Wi-Fi Music Store, Lights Off, Mail, Maps, MobileTwitterific, NES emulator, Notes, PDF Viewer, Phone, Photos, RSS, Safari, Settings, SMBPrefs, Stocks, Terminal, SMS, Video, Weather, and Youtube. (Note: This theme was designed to look elegant on both iPhones and iPod Touches!)

I've also included a generic.png icon with a plain black background to match the other ones. Just open it in an image editor, play with the colors and add elemental like text to it. To make the application use the icon, name it with the exact name of the app, it's case sensitive, .png. So, Customize's icon is named Customize.png, iBlackJack's icon is named iBlackJack.png, etc. Alternatively, the icon can be uploaded to the app's package contents with the name "icon.png". The font is Myriad Pro, 30pt, white.

Any questions, can be posted here, PM'ed to me, or can be asked on AIM or MSN, which are in my profile.

Attached Files:

2. xthefalloftyler

xthefalloftyler New Member

Reminds me of the CS2 icons. I think I may have seen a theme similar to this somewhere else. May have been yours though.

Overall, I like it. It has a nice, clean, minimalistic look.
  3. Berzerker

Berzerker New Member

Yes, I did post this in the stickied topic. Thought I'd make me own though.

Thanks for the compliment.

4. Vendeta

Vendeta New Member

Awsome i love the battery image

5. berky93

berky93 New Member

I think you should add little numbers in the coners to mak eit look like the squares on a periodic table...since it was inspired by chemistry.
  6. YourClone

YourClone New Member

Looks like the CS3 icons... I like it. =)
  7. stirpicus

stirpicus New Member

This is one of my favorite themes I've seen in a while. I'll definitely be using this one for a bit.

Thanks for making it!

8. toomuchcaffeine

toomuchcaffeine New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Looks very cool. Maybe add a colored dock, though?
  9. Berzerker

Berzerker New Member

I kinda like the dark theme, you can change the wallpaper if you'd like, then the dock stands out more.

On a side note, I've added a repository for my theme so you can update it when I add anything to it!

http://www.berzerkerweb.com/repo/repo.xml
  10. Berzerker

Berzerker New Member

I would, but it would have to be a certain order and not everyone has the same icons in the same order. For example:

It's a blue theme I made with real periodic format, and they'd have to be in a certain order.