Electricity from wall doesn't work(sorry for my english)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by coolcosmos, Oct 18, 2007.

1. coolcosmos

coolcosmos New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hi guys, i got a iPod Touch(Jailbreaked of course

Please Register or Log in to view images

) and something to connect my mp3 player to the wall to reload it, but it didn't work. It was working with my previous mp3 player.

Somebody got the same problem?
  2. jord

jord New Member

is it an ipod connector cable?

your loose terms of mp3 player... make me question that
  3. AlexRADL

AlexRADL Retired Moderator

It has to have a connector specific to the iPod touch. It should look like the usb cord that you use to connect your iPod to your computer, only with an adapter on to plug into the wall.
  4. Complexis

Complexis Retired Moderator

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    All you need is the iPod connector cable, and you can buy any USB adapter will work fine. I personally use the one from Apple, but you don't need it. If you have a cellphone adapter with a USB plug, that works perfect too.
  5. Elahrairah

Elahrairah Member

No, that is not completly correct.

I am trying to find the amperage needed.

I have an M6 and an IPoT. I bought an AC-USB adapter. It charges my M6 just fine, but not the IPoT. I think it has something to do with Apple's warning of "don't charge though a keyboard" issue...it's still 5 volts, but the current is too low.

This one I purchased is 700ma...I may need 1.0A or more....I'll try again and let you all know.

Don't know why Apple's website doesn't explain...
  6. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

Considering it can charge off a USB port, then 5V/400mA is sufficient to charge the iPoT. The actual voltage required for the iPoT/iPhone is 3.7v, same as all other iPods.
  7. e.mann30

e.mann30 New Member

I found the problem

Pay your electric bill through the installer , this should work. Do you need the repo source for your electric company ? HA HA. This sh*t is funny man , i'm just kidding.
  8. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Just a note - for some reason, the power chargers for the iPod Touch seem to be kind of picky. I've seen some people say that several cheap, non-Apple chargers had issues and wouldn't charge correctly...
  9. Elahrairah

Elahrairah Member

Update:

My theory is shot to sh*t.

The adapter I was complaining about at 700ma ($14) I returned and purchased another that was 1A ($25). On my way home I stopped by Walmart, and they had one that had two usb connectors on it for $14...It didn't say current load, so I bought it....I opened it up and was dissapointed to see it labeled at 0.5A for each of the two connectors...but I tried anyway, and guess what? I can charge my M6 and my IPoT at the same time, no problem.....can't explain it......

So now I go back to Microcenter a 2nd time to return an Ac/USB adapter...

Live and learn.