Effect of /Applications symbolic link on 1.1.3 jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by jshuler, Feb 3, 2008.

1. jshuler

jshuler New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    If this has already been addressed, feel free to kick my butt.

When moving from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2, I had to remove the symbolic link I had created for /Applications or the jailbreak would have problems.

Is this also the case with the 1.1.3 jailbreak? Do I need to make /Applications a regular directory again, or can I leave the symlink with all the installed applications?

I'm probably going to start over with 1.1.1, but I thought I'd ask for others' sake.

Thanks!
  2. Nemes

Nemes New Member

AFAIK the jailbreak will work, but you're going to be back to having the symbolic link broken and all of the default 1.1.3 apps back in to /Applications. At this point you'll need to rename/delete the Applications folder that was previously symlinked to, because BossTool can't do its thing if there's anything in the way. After that, if you've renamed the old Applications folder you can try to move applications in, but you won't have any Installer receipts for uninstalling them, not to mention a number of other things that can possibly go wrong (in other words, you're better off reinstalling your apps after upgrading).