Eeeek - Please help?!?!?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Dannuboy, Nov 27, 2007.

1. Dannuboy

Dannuboy New Member

Hi There peeps,

This is odd - just purchased the itouch from the states (im in the Uk), have now got it in front of me, plugged in - i get the "windows is installing drivers blah blah" (i use vista), i then get a message saying "please insert the disc that came with your hardware" as windows update could not find the drivers, followed by "your device is unplugged" :-|

Any idea's? i have been through this process several times, i also have a nano and have had no probs with that whatsoever

Please Register or Log in to view images

Any help would be appreciated

2. ojx

ojx Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    download the newest version of itunes?
  3. Scythal

Scythal New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Do you have a recent version of iTunes and the "Apple Mobile Device" service running? I suppose so since you have a nano, but just in case...
  4. Dannuboy

Dannuboy New Member

But surely the drivers for the itouch are nothing to do with itunes? itunes loads and fucntions perfectly well with the nano, the itouch isnt even recognised as the drivers wont install.
    And the mobile service is in "started" status yep...
  5. ojx

ojx Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    why dont you just try upgrading to itunes 7.5? applemobiledevice.dll was updated when iphone and ipod touches became in stock
  6. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

What version of iTunes are you using, and what do you have against upgrading?
  7. Dannuboy

Dannuboy New Member

I have nothing against upgrading - just was under the impression that i had the latest version of itunes as the goddam thing seems update twice a week. Anyways - i have now resinstalled itunes from the apple site and same thing happens.
    Now ,i've never even seen the itouch in motion as it were, but when i turn it on (whether its connected to pc or not), it displays a picture of the white lead and an arrow pointing to itunes which clearly means plug it in to my pc.
    Is this normal? should it at least give me a menu or do i need updates via the net first?
    Im getting paranoid that the thing is missing some vital data in it or something

Which is why i was so sure it had nothing to do with itunes - itunes is a bit of software - ipod is hardware therefore drivers have nothing to do with software as such.

Any idea's itouch experts? should i take this into an apple store for a replacement?
  8. Dannuboy

Dannuboy New Member

Hmmmmmmmmmm - i just tried it on the Xp pc downstairs and it worked in seconds, so at least i know the ipod isnt f***ed!
    I think i'll get rid of vista, cuz its a piece of sh*t it seems.

Thanks all the same for your suggestions (even though all of them was to install itunes

).

Dannyboy.
  9. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Everybody said to install iTunes because that is the Solution. And when you uninstall, manually remove any and everything to do with iTunes (except for the music and Library files, of course).

You iPod is in Recovery Mode. To get out of that, iTunes needs to do a full restore. Which it can't do because applemobiledevice.dll is somehow missing or corrupted. That would be why the other computer can see the iPod fine, yet the other computer can't.
  10. dansmot

dansmot New Member

Man I'm mad!

Look, no doubt this is the last place to whine about this, but I've been sitting here for hours today, and on and off for over a month, to get this piece of sh*t working.

I have done ALL the usual restorations and reinstalling, checked my USB ports, all are 2.0, but my ipod Touch will not work properly. I can sync some songs, and not others, sometimes some songs won't sync then they do next time.

I have purchased songs from the itunes store and they disappear, when I try to retreive them I'm told I can't redownload, I don't want to redownload, I just want my songs back. I have a cheap little Zen Series MP3 player that does a much better job of organizing my song library than this junk. I'm only glad I didn't spend my own money on it, it was a birthday gift. Though I do think the thing is cool looking and I would like to be able to use it, I think I'll just shove it in a drawer and forget about it....................unless someone here can help me?!!!