Educational discount on the 4th gen

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by weirdwilli, Sep 21, 2010.

1. weirdwilli

weirdwilli New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    So my brother is at uni and he's looking to get a 4th gen iPod Touch but the section of Apple's website won't seem to work whenever he tries to access it, even though he's on the campus using their internet, so I was wondering if anyone knew what the discounts were off the top of their heads?
    Cheers
  2. yanks111890

yanks111890 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I don't believe there is any for iPods or iPads, only Macs get discounts for students between $50-100
  3. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    the discount only applies on computers because the are for educational purposes. Ipods serve no educational purpose. The only way he would get a discount is wait till the ipod deal with macs comes out next year.
  4. Sawz

Sawz Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    With my student ID at college I can get 15% off all Apple Products

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. weirdwilli

weirdwilli New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Cheers guys

Fancy getting me an iPhone 4 then posting it my way?

6. dd_ny

dd_ny New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Actually, there are some colleges now who are encouraging students to buy iPod touches in particular because of all the educational apps. Some require it. So iPod touches may be included in that deal.
  7. Sawz

Sawz Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Yeh in Physics, Maths and Further maths now I just take out my iphone and either load up the calculator on there - or Wolframalpha

8. ThaKoRnKiD

ThaKoRnKiD New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    To say an iPod Touch can't be educational is farce...in fact a lot of the classes at my college allow us to use our iPod Touch to look up information during class time...I think it should be considered as an educational device as well as a recreational device.
  9. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i still don't consider it one where would you type 5 pages of notes in class, how can you type a paper, can you get power points on it, is it faster than a computer? All of those are no
  10. dd_ny

dd_ny New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I wouldn't use it to TYPE notes, but back when I had my 3g last school year, I'd use it to record lectures given by my teachers so I could play it over later if I misunderstood something.

When my flash drive bailed on me, my iPod saved me because I had my powerpoint saved on it for my spanish class. The powerpoint was due that day, and I was able to show it to my teacher on my iPod as proof.

And yes, my iPod, even though it was a 3g, was faster than my computer in some aspects. (Much faster than my desktop, and pretty even with my laptop).

So don't say it isn't an educational device. Those are just a few examples of how my iPod helped me out in school. Some more include how I've also used it as a dictionary in english class (my teacher actually didn't take it away from me even though I was technically breaking the "no electronics" rule because he saw how it was faster than a physical dictionary), a translator (again, my spanish teacher didn't object so long as I wasn't cheating), and a scientific calculator for math.

That's why it hit me so hard these last few months when I got rid of my 3g. I used it a lot more often than I realized, and once it was gone, I really missed all the handy little things it could do for me. Can't wait till I get my iPod 4 this Friday because I really need it for English class (audiobooks)!