Editing System Files with WinterBoard

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by WildPS2King, Jul 18, 2009.

1. WildPS2King

WildPS2King Member

Device:
    Nexus 7
    I wanted to edit a info.plist file in a certain app but I want it to be activated/disabled using WinterBoard. Is this possible? If so, how would you go about creating the theme? If this helps it isn't one of the app store apps, it is listed under /Applications, not /var/mobile/Applications. Thanks in advance!
  2. cjschriver3

cjschriver3 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i haven't ever made a theme specifically for an info.plist, but lets talk this thru...

IF you made an abc.theme folder in your var/stash/Themes.XXXXXX and put an info.plist into it like this >>>

var/stash/Themes.XXXXXX/abc.theme/info.plist

and enabled it in winterboard, that would apply to ALL or your apps, would it not?

EDIT : I dont believe that anymore, i dont think it would apply to ANY apps, but to the springboard instead

so this is prolly NOT the solution.

How would we get it to apply to only the intended app?

abc.theme/folders/abc.app/info.plist?

i dunno, just thinking out loud

Someone help me out here

Please Register or Log in to view images

(struggling)
  3. WildPS2King

WildPS2King Member

Device:
    Nexus 7
    Thats kinda what I was thinking... I'm trying to do the MMP Flip, I found one that works but it changes the info.plist in the mobilemusicplayer.app. Would you set the theme up like \Applications\abc.app\info.plist? I found a WinterBoard MMP Flip that doesn't work but it changes system strings. With system strings you would set it up like \Bundles\com.apple.springboard\N45AP.plist, if that helps any...
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Another thing that might help even more, N45AP.plist is found under /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app.
  4. cjschriver3

cjschriver3 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    why dont you drop it in the same folder as the app's original .plist and just rename it to switch back and forth

ie: info.plist, info2.plist, info(off).plist, etc

you can rename the files on the go with "Finder.app" and only the ones that are named properly will apply

here is an example of the way i have my sliders in one of my theme folders

Please Register or Log in to view images

just rename them on the go and you can switch junk without a pc

in Finder highlight the file to rename and hit "modify" at the bottom center then just edit the name
  5. WildPS2King

WildPS2King Member

Device:
    Nexus 7
    Do you think it would be possible to set it up so there are two themes, original and edited, and you can have one on and one off at all times? How would I set that up if it's possible? I think I will just change it on the go with Finder if I can't make a theme! I was just thinking of the easiest way to go about doing this.
  6. cjschriver3

cjschriver3 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i dont understand.

of course you can have 2 separate themes in winterboard with one on and one off

i must be missing something

finder would prolly be the easiest
  7. WildPS2King

WildPS2King Member

Device:
    Nexus 7
    I'll just go with finder... It is a simple way to go about editing system files. Thanks!
  8. caboose1408

caboose1408 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I know this thread is old, but does anyone have a solution to editing a Info.plist file of an App Store app?

For example, I set it up like this:

Bundles/com.idsoftware.Doom/Info.plist

This solution doesn't come close to working.