iOS 3.1 Editing running apps

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Gotanks0407, Nov 26, 2009.

1. Gotanks0407

Gotanks0407 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    so i remember hearing about this before but after searching for an hour i find nothing but i could be searching for the wrong thing....always...how do i edit the running apps like the ones that startup with the iphone the apple ones i dont need so i can turn them off. and is it possible to turn off some of the apps so they CANT run in the background when i exit them?
  2. musa92k

musa92k Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    if you get SBSettigns from cydia you can into the processes tab of it and turn off all unwanted apps which are running in the background. you can also hide the pre installed apple apps which come with the iphone using sbsetting. search for it on youtube, will find tutorials of how to install and use.
  3. Gotanks0407

Gotanks0407 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    while i do like this sbsettings add-on it is not as indepth as i was looking for...i remember being able to edit some files in the filesystem to tell it what to load like more... hmm critical system services
  4. xinzhitan14

xinzhitan14 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    critical services? dont think there is anything to show system related processes. i am yet to come across such an application that goes down to the operating system level.

maybe terminal will let you run a ps command (if it's anything like linux), then you can chkconfig off whatever you want. I wouldn't recommend it though.
  5. Gotanks0407

Gotanks0407 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yeah it's not an app you have to openssh into your phone, and change or edit some files to do it
  6. xinzhitan14

xinzhitan14 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i meant installing terminal could let you know whats running in the background. but i'm not sure what commands work on a mac based terminal.
  7. Gotanks0407

Gotanks0407 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yeah but I shouldn't have to use terminal....I just want to know which file I have to edit on the iPhone so I don't mess it up
  8. xinzhitan14

xinzhitan14 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    maybe best thing to do is to learn a bit about the file system. i see it's very similar to linux. Not sure where the processes upon boot up is contained though.