Editing original apple .pngs?

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by CocaCola, Jan 27, 2010.

1. CocaCola

CocaCola New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    As about 99% of you are aware, winterboard theming causes a slight loading lag, and lowers your ram a bit. Is it possible to replace the original apple images with your own?
    Followup question, is it legal?
  2. Gman17

Gman17 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    What do you mean? Like to replace the images without winterboard? Yeah is perfectly fine. I have a few things that I replaced. But I still use winterboard because I don't have to worry about backups and retheming etc etc. If you know where the locations are on the images you want to replace you can do so.

Plus I still recommend using winterboard. It only takes a way very little partial ram. Is nothing to live without.
  3. sageDieu

sageDieu Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Sure it's possible, but it would kinda be a waste of time. As Gman stated, Winterboard does not use a noticable amount of RAM. It wouldn't be worth the trouble, and if you ever had a problem and had to restore, or if you had to update firmware or whatever, you would be totally screwed.
  4. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    WinterBoard performance/mem usage should not be a concern. You will run into trouble if you actually swap out images manually, as room for error is high.