Editing Logos

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by madcowz, Mar 12, 2009.

1. madcowz

madcowz New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    So, in PwnageTool, when creating a custom firmware, it is possible to edit the applelogo.s5l8720x.img3 (or img2) file to make a custom boot logo. Would it also be possible to edit the following?

batterylow0.s5l8720x.img3
    batterylow1.s5l8720x.img3
    glyphcharging.s5l8720x.img3
    glyphplugin.s5l8720x.img3

I don't know how many people have seen this, but they are all pictures/logos shown when you try to boot on low battery, you get a flashing picture of an empty battery (batterylow0 and batterylow1) adn below it a sign with a plug, arrow sign, and then electricity sign (glyphplugin and glyphcharging). Is it possible to edit those images the same way you can edit the boot logos? If so, how?
  2. friedmannn

friedmannn New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I bet if you just renamed it, then it would work. I'd try it but I don't have time.
    You basically never see those anyway, so it's really not worth the time.
  3. madcowz

madcowz New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yeah, good point. Can anyone tell me how to patch them (+ keys and IV's)? Maybe implement into PwnageTool. But the downsides are: not worth it (time-wise) and, what if they take too much room in the NOR, so it can't fit everything?