Editing Carrier and Banner info

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by grigor2000, May 13, 2010.

1. grigor2000

grigor2000 New Member

Hello,

I used the app Make It Mine to edit my banner and carrier info to display something other than the time. However I found it to be rather inconvenient as there are times when I have an application open and I would like to use the banner to see the time. I was wondering if it is possible to have the custom-named banner for the home page for the springboard (as I already have a large time and date display on the first row), while displaying the time while in an app like Safari or iPod.

Thanks in advance!
  2. canardo93

canardo93 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I don't believe so
  3. iMario

iMario Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    That's not possible.

If you're jailbroken, edit /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/com.apple.springboard.plist (SBFakeCarrier and SBFakeTimeString. Set SBFakeTime to false if you want to turn it off, or remove the keys to turn them off).
  4. grigor2000

grigor2000 New Member

Ah ok, thanks.

How do I edit the .plist file. I have used EditPad Lite to edit other .plist files before, but when I use it to open com.apple.springboard.plist, it just shows gibberish.
  5. iMario

iMario Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Pledit is great for plist editing. Download: http://files.me.com/imario/7iebal

If you want something more feature rich, go with iPodRobot.
  6. dude245

dude245 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    just use makeitmine from cydia... you can caange carrier and banner info
  7. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Lol read the ENTIRE post before you post. It says right in his first sentence he uses make it mine, read!

But anyways no you can't do that, when you set a banner it shows all the time, in every app.
  8. ipodtuchr

ipodtuchr New Member

i am on an itouch 3.1.3 and only my carrier can be changed with makeitmine. i wanted to know if there was a way to change the banner through SSHing. i looked through the com.apple.springboard.plist and i cant find the SBFakeTime or any thing else helpful