Editing Appflow

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by vivalamexico, Mar 10, 2008.

1. vivalamexico

vivalamexico New Member

Is there a way to edit Appflow, or Xlaunch so that the icon it points to is not icon.png? I opened appflow under appflow.app and saw a few "links" to icon.png and figure if I changed the name to hiresicon.png and then put a highresolution icon in the Appflow folder then you could have hires icons in Appflow/Xlaunch. Your springboard icons could still be regular size and your Appflow icons would be high resolution. thoughts?
  2. FregoS

FregoS New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    i don't think it is possible...I think it loads the pics from the application directory
  3. vivalamexico

vivalamexico New Member

It does load the icons from the Application but when you SSH into the touch you can open the application and see the icons it uses. I changed the 60x60px icon.png for apollo to a 128x128px icon. The resolution in appflow was excellent but on the springboard it was huge. In the appflow application there has to be some code that points to icon.png as the default icon to use in appflow. Im saying if you edit the code in Appflow to point to /applications/apollo/highresicon.png and you put a highresicon.png into the apollo folder...you see where im going with this. Im wondering where that code is...
  4. jungzandvliet

jungzandvliet New Member

Ofcourse it can sec xD Gimme few minutes

Please Register or Log in to view images

Edit:
    Ok upload it to your iphone/ipod. Included already maps with extra icons you n eed to change also. And change/add extra icons to all applications and call it hico.png.

Attached Files:

5. vivalamexico

vivalamexico New Member

YES! score man! Thanks works like a charm. The photo and nusic icons dont come up though they are just white blocks and it makes the text flicker. Any thoughts? Otherwise awesome!
  6. vivalamexico

vivalamexico New Member

nm, I got it working. Its awesome Thank you so much once again!