Editable double home-tap

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by Applefan69, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Applefan69

Applefan69 New Member

Ok I know your all gonna instantly think "zomg thats already been done" but no this is different. I dont want to be able to edit what double-tapping the home button brings me too.

I want double-tapin the home button to still bring a menu up... but I think it'd be great if there was more then just volume and music control. Like make it so the menu that pops up is bigger. Like big to where it takes up the whole screen. I mean why not make it take the entire screen up? You can't control anything else on the screen when the menu is there anyways.

So some ideas for what could be added would be, customizable buttons? For example anyone could add any button to bring you to any app. They could of course add as many of these buttons as the menu can fit. Possible the menu could even scroll up/down?

I find the double-tapping home button to be a very convienent feature in the ipod, in fact the iPod would kind of suck if it werent for this feature... thats why we should enhance it and make it even better... thats what the point of this whole jailbreaking is about, right?

EDIT: I just thught that if someone wanted to go ALL out on this idea, even a task manager added into the menu? Although that'd probably just unnecessarily use up CPU power. But that is the sort of idea on what could be in this app.
  2. Yerffej

Yerffej New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I think it would be great if you could control the brightness from double tap
  3. Yongobongo

Yongobongo New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It can't be hard to get the double press of the home button, but unfortunately I haven't bothered to go looking for it

Please Register or Log in to view images

I think a list of icons you've added to the menu should pop up, like that stacks app's grid view

I might have a go at making this later.
  4. Sir Brane Damuj

Sir Brane Damuj New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I would like the double tap to be like an iLauncher thing so it hides all of my apps off of the homescreen.

Maybe when you double tap, have it show the play/pause/skip buttons and at the bottom give a button for close, music, and apps.

Even password protection would be nice.
  5. donny007

donny007 New Member

Just like dashboard on the mac....
    You must be able to put special Widgets in it to control things on your ipod and launch apps

6. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

I dig this idea. Maybe I'll make it next week for you guys.

I'm thinking, when you double tap the button, a window pops up that has an embedded Table or Picker in it. Within this will be a list of the apps that you chose to be listed.
  7. donny007

donny007 New Member

Which repo will it be, the IPTfans repo ?
  8. Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    He's got to make it first.
  9. hakk79

hakk79 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I always wanted to double tap and make the iPod app appear, just like the iPhone. Don't know if it has been made though...

10. Nickll9009

Nickll9009 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Skylar - You can already do this - use my Utilities app to transform into an iPhone - ( if your using an iPhone than there is no need for this..) then download iPhoneHome and set it to open XLaunch or something when you double tap the home button - or any app you like

hakk79- Same thing but just go to Settings- General - Home Button!