Edit Icons

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by ThatWasOffTheHook, Nov 8, 2009.

1. ThatWasOffTheHook

ThatWasOffTheHook New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I searched a bit for this topic and didn't come up with any real results. So, if ive downloaded a set of icons, specifically the ones from the theme My Other Car Is a Porsche, and i wanted to edit some of the colors within the icons, how would i go about doing that. When i do it in paint, it ends up all boxish and stuff...???
  2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

You're gonna want to use an actual image editing software such as Photoshop. Paint is somewhat useless for editing stuff.
  3. ThatWasOffTheHook

Device:
    iPod touch
    arite, thanks. And if i were to get Photoshop, would the editing process be relatively simple?
  4. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Well, I don't recommend getting Photoshop if you are just going to edit icons. It is somewhat simple, but there are obviously more complex things to do on Photoshop. I recommend using Gimp or Gimpshop which are free, and would probably be better for you.
  5. ThatWasOffTheHook

Device:
    iPod touch
    arite, and last thing. The icons on this theme are pretty dam good looking, and i was wondering if most of these theme makers are making their icons by hand or if they have some kind of stencils or something???
  6. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

That depends on the theme itself. Some may have been created from scratch, some may have been made from another image and edited into an icon.