Edge vs Simcity vs Spore origin

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by chavanak, Jan 10, 2009.

?

Which of these are worth investing in?

1. Edge

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Simcity

5 vote(s)
    41.7%
  3. Spore origin

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. Hero of Sparta

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. chavanak

chavanak Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Hi guys,
    I have decided to buy anyone of the mentioned games. I am ready to buy only one can you please help me in selecting one of them?
    Please let me know your opinion.
    Cheers
  2. Functional Disorder

Functional Disorder New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Spore Origin - Boooooring, stay away
    Sim City - Best replay value
    Edge - Action Puzzler, but can be short as only has 26 levels.

3 very different type games. Sim City is a lot more strategic and drawn out and can't be finished in one sitting while Edge has more action and more intense but could theoretically be finished with in a couple of hours
  3. chavanak

chavanak Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    So... It looks like Simcity is great. But I heard it is a lot buggy?? Can anyone tell me whether it is too buggy to spoil the play or is it that these bugs are very minor? If someone can clarify this I will buy this game

Please Register or Log in to view images

Cheers
  4. NeSEncHo

NeSEncHo Active Member

Some people have had buggy experiences, yet some have had good experiences. I've can play for hours on end without stopping due to crashes or bugs. How? I just can. I re-spring every now and then, to clear out some memory, and then play. Some will also say it's hard for beginners to play. I don't say that because it's pretty similar to SC3000, and I've played every version of SimCity so I know how to play. If it crashes a lot, try a restart ( Shut Down, Power On ) and then play without opening anything else first. If it still crashes, re-download/re-sync it. If it continues, restore. It it still goes on, then ... I don't know.
  5. macfanboy

macfanboy New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    hve u played simcity before? if not go with hero of sparta...
    simity is the kind of game where you need to know how you do stuff...the tutorial doesn't help much
  6. Aramyth

Aramyth New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Hero of Sparta is good, but once I finished it. I didn't know what to do with it. You can run through the levels on a harder mode and fully upgrade your weapons (pointless because you finished the game), but that's about it. It was a good game though.

Sim City is great. It's basically Sim City 3000. I haven't had any experiences with bugs or crashes. I recommend this.

Spore Origions I've heard is junk.
  7. Sickly_slick

Sickly_slick New Member

Sim City is probably the best choice. It has good replay value and can entertain you for hours. However the game is quite difficult if you're a first timer.

Hero of Sparta is an easier game with a lot of game play. But after you finish the game, there is no replay value.

Its strategy vs RGP/Action. you choose.

(the other games suck)
  8. chavanak

chavanak Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Ok guys am going ahead with Simcity. Do you guys have any other suggestions here? I mean any other game which has replay value? Please suggest some. I am planning to remove some free applications I downloaded (felt there are too many 8 pages completed). So some games I have are:
    Evolution GT
    Simcity (thanx to you guys)
    Fastlane
    Raging Thunder
    Papi Jump Nickyboom
    Air Hockey
    Anitmatter
    Asaphalt4
    Armado
    AstroTilt
    BBD2
    Billy Frontier Bugdom2
    Chopper
    Crash Cart
    Enigmo
    Monopoly
    Motochaser
    Nanosaur 2
    powerboat
    Virtual Pool
    Rolando

If you guys have anyother suggestion let me know. I have completed most of the games listed above and would like to try new ones