EDGE on Itouch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bigbeefyburger666, Dec 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigbeefyburger666

bigbeefyburger666 New Member

Someone out there has to be smart enough to find a way to put EDGE (the system allowing iphone to access internet anywhere) on the ipod touch.
  2. Alexpb

Alexpb New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'm starting to wonder if your threads are real or you're just trying to get a laugh...seriously...
  3. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Ok, and while they're at it, maybe they can that dang xbox 360 emulator running.

</sarcasm>
  4. Nt1440

Nt1440 New Member

this kid seems determined to sound stupid i guess.

can u warn ppl for overuse of stupidity?

and in response to his question, im pretty sure it would require hardware modification to add this. go ahead on do it to urs TS.
  5. bigbeefyburger666

jackbag

screw you dude your signature says think different think free think change and you rag on everything i put out. I started by posting things that i had questions for and now i am posting things that could possibly happen in the future and putting them out there so that if someone has the power to do it they have an idea. I am throwing ideas out there to make it so that you could do anything anywhere with your ipod touch.

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. rokrboy

rokrboy Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPod touch
    I think edge uses satellite for internet acess. How would this happen? I mean Wi-fi range is like 30 feet, and last time i remember its a couple of miles up to where the satellites are.
  7. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    What he is saying is that your understand of EDGE is fundamentally flawed. You are assuming that, since it is just floating out there, anybody with enough talent can use it on any device. The hardware needs to support it, so if you want EDGE, just get an iphone.

You really should make at least a small effort to be informed before you post things like this.
  8. spitcoff

spitcoff Member

edge is so slow its mind numbing i wouldn't use it even if i could
  9. bigbeefyburger666

What is EDGE

I understand where you are coming from i am just throwing out ideas and i think someone with enough intel can do whatever. i mean you can make anything do anything these days and i dont need people making me seem like a dick when i am just throwing suggestions out there.But if you would please explain to me what EDGE is and how it works?

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. optikalefx

optikalefx New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enhanced_Data_Rates_for_GSM_Evolution

Don't get mad when people smash you for the things you say. Even if you deeply believe your ideas then people wont get in your way. However, to discover the things you don't know, then you should research them, don't ask people. I learned in Ethics that your recommendations to fix a technical/ethical problem in society has to withstand criticism from every perspective, and you can't expect people to NOT criticize your intelligence when you say put EDGE on the iPod touch.

But, Yes you can do it. Get the iPhone internal system schematics from apple, find out what inside the iPhone makes edge work, and then search through the iPhone filesystem to see how the hardware words with the software. Then go get an Iphone off ebay, extract those parts, and put them in your ipod Touch. Reprogram your ipod touch to be able to talk to the new hardware.

So before you ask questions that you think are cool, make sure you can take the criticism that you know you will get. We all have crazy ideas, I would like wireless power for example.

sorry for the speech.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.