Ecid

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Imariel, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Imariel

Imariel New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I have a (see sidepanel) used Spirit to jailbreak, not sure of my bootrom. ECID's are required for downgrading right? I have blobs for 3.1.2 and 3.1.3 but no ECID for either of them. I'm going to need to get them if I go to 4.0 and want to come back to 3.1.3 right?
  2. KoldFeit

KoldFeit Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I think you're getting stuff mixed up. Your SHSHs are generated using your ECID. I think it stands for Equipment Chip IDentification, anyways, it's a unique number assigned to your device and apple uses that to generate the SHSH blobs during install and restore. Mr. Freeman(Saurik) who is a genious figure out a way to replicate this using his server and bypass apple's servers which in turn would have declined to generate these blobs or "sign" unless you were installing the latest version of the iOS. With Sauriks method you can restore to any previous iOS as long as you allowed him to generate these blobs and stored them on his server. Thats the "Make my life easier" button you saw in Cydia's main page. Multi-touch fans is full of this information so feel free to use the search and read some. It's all very interesting and ingenious!