Ecid question!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iamacheater1, Mar 13, 2010.

1. iamacheater1

iamacheater1 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I currently have an ipod touch 3g on 3.1.3. I need to find out a way to get my ECID as if I actually had 3.1.2 on there. I am creating a .shsh file for my ipod and it dosent work with the 3.1.3 .shsh ECID.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. xXrkidXx

xXrkidXx Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    nope, your going to be on 3.1.3 for awhile bud.
  3. iPwn

iPwn Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    LAWL, can u be more clear?
  4. iamacheater1

iamacheater1 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Im on 3.1.3. I am creating my own server like saurik. It is on localhost. I need the ECID from my ipod as if my ipod was on 3.1.2. When I try using the ECID from 3.1.3 it gives me a 1600 error.
  5. xXrkidXx

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    OH TinyTSS. No, you have to be on 3.1.2 to get 3.1.2 SHSH hashes. iTunes will see that its a 3.1.3 hash and it wont let you restore to 3.1.2.
  6. iamacheater1

iamacheater1 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hmmmm. Well then I need to find out a way to get the 3.1.2 hashes without 3.1.2 on the device. It can't be that hard.

There must be a way to get the hash out of a 3.1.3 ECID or something of that nature.
  7. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

You got the 3.1.2 hashes from APPLE back when they were signing the firmware. After the iPod got the hash file to compare to the iPod's serial and the firmware version you were trying to install, it allowed the firmware to be flashed onto the iPod. At this point, Apple's no longer issuing the hash, so you can't just 'get' it anymore, as it's not stored on the iPod and if you have never had 3.1.2 flashed onto there and gotten the ECID SHSH key at that time... tough luck.
  8. iamacheater1

iamacheater1 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I know that much. I can grab the ECID of my ipod for the 3.1.3. There must be a way to make it have like a phony version of 3.1.2 just so it will show that ECID instead of the 3.1.3 one.
  9. xXrkidXx

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Dont hold your breath. We took one apart and it would be absolutely impossible to recreate it.
  10. iamacheater1

iamacheater1 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I know you can create them by unzipping them using win-rar. You just put them back together using different files from 3.1.3 and 3.1.2. There is a thread somewhere about this. The ipod gets frozen at the loading bar point. By this time the ipod is still in recovery mode and the ECID may be displaying the 3.1.2 one. It is a long process that may take time but it is deffinately possible in some way.