ebooks

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by allotesting, Nov 28, 2009.

1. allotesting

allotesting New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    happy owner of a 3G 32 Gigs but complete newbie I would like to read some ebooks on it but no clu on how to do it.
    I precise that I am on the 3.1.2 and not JB
    Any clue????????????

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thanks
  2. newdude

newdude New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hi,

There are numerous Apps you can use for this. Personally I use Stanza.

Just go into iTunes Appstore, search and download the application.

You can download lots of free ebooks via Stanza app on your iPod, you can even purchase some over the air if you wish.

What I always do is take ebooks from my pc, then transfer them to my iPod via the PC version of Stanza.

The PC version can be found on their site by the way.

Hope this helps.
  3. 7thdayslumber

7thdayslumber New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yeah, what the guy above said - Stanza is the key. There are many ways of transfering ebooks to the iPod touch, if you have a wireless router, try this:

1) Download Stanza from iTunes and also download the desktop version from this site: http://www.lexcycle.com/desktop
    2) Launch Stanza Desktop.
    3) Go to File->Open, and open a book or document in one of Stanza's supported formats. Note: The text of eReader books will not be displayed, but you can still use this interface to share books with Stanza iPhone.
    4) Go to the "Tools" menu, and ensure that the "Enable Sharing" menu item is checked.
    5) Ensure that your iPhone is connected to the same wireless network that your PC is on.
    6) Launch Stanza on your iPhone.
    7) From the top-level library menu, select "Shared Books". You should see your computer name. Select it.
    8) Stanza Desktop will then notify you that your iPhone is attempting to connect to your shared library, and request your permission to allow the connection.
    9) Once you have granted permission, Stanza iPhone will display a list of books that are open in Stanza Desktop.
    10) Tap on the book to download it Stanza on your iPhone. It will appear in Titles and Recent Downloads.

If you don't have a wireless network you can transfer ebooks via USB, follow this:

1) If your books are in any format but eReader or epub, then convert your books to epub using Stanza Desktop or Calibre.
    2) Download and install the free "iPhone Explorer" utility from http://www.iphone-explorer.com, which allows you to transfer files over to your iPhone using the USB cable
    3) Connect your iPhone to your computer using the USB cable and launch iPhone Explorer
    4) Click the "Change Root" button and select the "/var/mobile/Media/DCIM/" option.
    6) Browse your computer for your books in the ePub or eReader format and drag them onto the "Stanza" folder.
    7) The next time you launch Stanza, all the books in that folder will be automatically imported into Stanza's library (and removed from that folder).

P.S I know it says iPhone but it's compatible with both iPhones and iPod Touches including the new 3GS and 3.0 firmware. Works with or without jailbreaking too. I didn't write this by the way, it's from the Stanza website, I figured I'd make it easier for ya

Please Register or Log in to view images

Good luck.