ebooks on ipod touch 4g kick but! :D

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by juniperpansy, Sep 20, 2010.

1. juniperpansy

juniperpansy Member

I don't think anybody has commented on this yet... but while my overall opinion of the ipod touch 4g is mixed I want to say it makes an AWESOME ebook reader.

It is possible to view a full-size (one computer page size) pdf file on the screen. Now it is a bit small so it will probably be hard to read if it's more than a foot away from your face but the text does look very crisp.
    (Also if your eyes aren't that good this probably isn't a good ebook reader for you)

Ditch ibooks... it's a piece of garbage. Download "mypdf" and use it instead. It works awesome.

Now I have a bunch of old pdf books on my computer that I've been meaning to read for ages but I was unable to find a device that works well until the ipod. Even 300MB+ file sizes work perfectly well on the device (the files the size might take 1s to turn the page, which is not perfect but it is still good).
  2. DaveA

DaveA New Member

Thats what I used on my old Ipod Touch, Ive been too busy playing with the other stuff and havent put any books on mine yet.

You are right about IBooks, its too slow. I used mypdf and another one I cant recall right now worked good too. Got to load it up tonight.
  3. MeSue

MeSue New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    That's good to hear. I read ebooks a lot on my iPod touch 3g - it's not bad, but better is welcome since I have started needing reading glasses for long reading sessions on the iPod.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Another good free ebook reader app is Stanza. If you get the Calibre desktop app (free) you can transfer/convert books in various formats and send them to Stanza. I also like Quickreader, but it's not free.

I find it handy to copy user manuals to my iPod, like for my camera, phone, etc.
  4. juniperpansy

juniperpansy Member

that's the best thing about that 4g. you don't have to do any stupid conversions to the pdf files. Half the time the conversion doesn't even work properly. You can just simply open the pdf and read it

DaveA: mybook works very very well for me, but if you found another one that you think works better I would love to hear about it