eBooks Application in 1.1.3

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Application Compatibility' started by Opus Penguin, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Opus Penguin

Opus Penguin New Member

Does anyone know if the eBooks application works in 1.1.3? Specifically, can we tarnsfer our own eBooks to the touch? I was able to do this in 1.1.2, but can't seem to do it in 1.1.3 since the folders are now hidden. I am wondering if anyone has a solution, or if the only eBooks we can install have to be off Installer.

I have several eBooks that I am converting to HTML to transfert to the touch, but don't know where to put it. As an FYI, I use CuteFTP and am a Windows user.
  2. Loudmouth2332

Loudmouth2332 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    For me the ebook folder is under "library"
  3. bh626

bh626 New Member

Yes it works. Download the app, install a book from Installer. SSH into the iPod to see where the book you just installed resides. You will have found the correct directory then. Copy over your existing books.
  4. keithgeo

keithgeo New Member

yep, i also had to change the permissions on some of the ebooks as they where not showing up in books even after i installed them.
  5. Frappacino

Frappacino New Member

I have the same problem too, does anyone know how to change permissions for the books? And besides that was wondering if WinSCP could be used instead of CuteFTP? Cheers!
  6. kiko

kiko New Member

You can drag the Books in total commander ....in var/root/media/books
  7. musashi22

musashi22 New Member

Text Encoding Problem with Books Application on 1.1.3 iPod Touch

After upgrading to 1.1.3 and reinstalling the Books Application I get the following message when I load an ebook: "Could not determine text encoding. Try changing the text encoding settings in Preferences." These same books loaded fine under 1.1.2. I tried changing the preferences but nothing worked. Does anyone know a solution for this?
  8. DLemos

DLemos New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'm unable to find the book.app
    Maybe I don't have the source installed =\ Does anyone know what source the book.app
    is under. I've searched & searched..... HELP!
    I'm running the jb 1.1.3 w/purchased apps.
  9. keithgeo

keithgeo New Member

it think the source was there as default when i jailbroke my itouch.. it was one of the first things i installed and i dont think i added any new sources before i did.. i think it might be just called "books" if you go into all apps and just scroll down to be you might find it.. if not try looking for ibooks.