ebook request

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by atownxballa, Feb 7, 2008.

1. atownxballa

atownxballa New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well there are alot of different religious ebooks out there such as parts of the bibles and the quran. I was wondering if some one can convert the sri guru grunth sahib into a ebook. its 1300 pages long. http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.gurbani?Action=Page&Param=1&g=0&h=0&r=1&t=1&p=1&k=0

That is what I want converted. I understand that is alot of pages but if no one wants to do it then can some one tell me how to?

Thanks.

BTW : Im punjabi, its northwestern India.
  2. cailean2k

cailean2k New Member

I had a quick look at the sri guru grunth sahib.

I noticed that there is a download page with the files avaliable in MS word format. But I am not sure which version you would want.

http://www.gurbanifiles.org/translations/index.htm

The easiest way to start would be to download the translation you want.
    Normally you would convert the file into txt format then split them up and convert to html. But I am not sure if the text file can handle the characters.

you could cut and paste sections from the translation directly into an html program to create a a series of html pages.

You can then create a folder in your ebook folder and place these file into it.

Alternatively you could download the pdf translation and use the pdf viewer to read it. (I have not used this personally but I am sure if you search you can find out how this works)

I hope this helps.
  3. atownxballa

atownxballa New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thanks for replying...

Im lost...lol i dont know how to do any of this

So I download and just put it into the ebook app??