eBook reader that supports .pdf

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by FujitsuFreak, Jul 19, 2008.

1. FujitsuFreak

FujitsuFreak New Member

Okay. I download stories off the internet which are then put into .pdf files. Which application supports .pdf's the best?
  2. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  3. Unknown-Guy

Unknown-Guy New Member

Simple use Safari.
    Download the Safari, that allows you to browse local files.
    Then type in "file:///var/root/Media/PDF" or where ever you put your pdfs.
  4. RenegadeKrogan

RenegadeKrogan Banned

In installer just look for PDFViewer and it will show you where to put your PDF files and then you can read them! It is really easy.
  5. Unknown-Guy

Unknown-Guy New Member

Have you ever tried using PDFViewer to read a farely large pdf file?
    Honestly, I dont think so. When you try to read a pdf through that app, it's hard to scale, also you can't view the pdf in landscape, so you have to zoom in a lot, but since the app is bad at scaling you zoom in too much, and have to move ur "view" al over the place. Then what happen when you move the view enough, the new info that u want too see is smugde, so u have to wait for it too load.
    Like that for every line of the pdf. It's extremly annoying and frustrating.
    @RK next time dont recomend something u read about, or even used for another purpose, because PDFViewer is almost impossible when it comes to ebooks

Also another application that u might take a look at is i2reader, from the rip dev, source, but I cant recommend it 4 ebooks since it wasnt around at the time I was reading an ebook from my ipod, but I found it nice for reading a manual to a application