Easy to Use Tether Instructions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chrisburke, Aug 20, 2008.

1. chrisburke

chrisburke New Member

Here are really easy to follow directons on how to tether your iPhone 3g to your laptop so you can get online with your laptop using the iPhone as a modem.. I've found different directions, but this one is by far the easiest...

NOTE: you must have Cydia in "hacker" mode in order to download 3proxy.. if you have it in user mode, just go to Manage, and click on Settings, then change to hacker.

I hope this helps you guys.. I've tried many different sites and ways and lots of them were confusing, this one is pretty simple, and it works great... I'm actually on my laptop right now using the iPhone as the modem and posting this.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. cameleon1267

cameleon1267 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    looks interesting. I might try when I decide to jailbreak my iphone.
    But what would be the advantage to use tethering if it is just for web surfing, you could just use your phone. unless you need flash.
  3. DJ Xander

DJ Xander New Member

Fix the numbering I keep getting confused haha
  4. chrisburke

chrisburke New Member

as people have said before, slow internet on a laptop is sometimes better then slow internet on a phone... sometimes you just want to use your laptop I guess.. sitting in the airport? theres lots of reasons... including flash...

Sorry about the numbers.. I'll fix it now..it was suppose to indent them...