Easy to Install?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by loganc58, Jan 18, 2009.

1. loganc58

loganc58 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Is it going to be easy to instal the jb once it comes out? I have never jailbroke a ipod before so I am new to it all. Also, is it difficult to change themes and change settings and things along the lines of that? I know stupid questions but just wondering..
  2. RrAaCcOoOoNn

RrAaCcOoOoNn New Member

well thats what dev team is trying to do now. Making it quick + easier for us
  3. BerkleyJ

BerkleyJ Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Short answer no. But things can get a little jumbled and coflicting and all together less "clean"
  4. loganc58

loganc58 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    okay.. so normally the jb are pretty much idiot friendly?
  5. RrAaCcOoOoNn

RrAaCcOoOoNn New Member

sort of, yeah. just follow what it tells you to do. this is my first time too but iv seen plenty of videos

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. breyden

breyden Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    good to know
  7. jailbreak123

jailbreak123 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ya I'm a first too.Ssh seems a little complicated can someone help me with this and themes once it comes out?Also what is dTunes?Will there be flash in safari?Dumb questions I know but answeres appreciated
  8. Weaves87

Weaves87 New Member

Flash is a severe CPU and memory hog, so I don't see a worthwhile plugin for Safari being added for it. I have an old computer with 256mb ram and it slows to a crawl everytime I come to a flash heavy page. Even though these Touches are quite the little machines, I'm pretty sure they don't have enough power and resources to display flash content. I wish we had flash support though, that's the one thing I'd love to have on my Touch...

I haven't jailbroken an iPod before, but I've used SSH numerous times at work and it's not that difficult when you get the hang of it. You're basically connecting to your iPod from your computer and executing commands on a terminal.

I'm sure the dev-team and numerous knowledgeable folks on this forum will make several write-ups on how to use SSH (I think there's already an article on this on here...) and how to jailbreak, so don't worry about it!
  9. aidosizzle

aidosizzle New Member

Im sure that the dev team will make an easy to use program for the jailbreak. There's nothing to worry about.