easy question... yes or no

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by strepio, Feb 17, 2008.

1. strepio

strepio New Member

well im buying ipod touch 8 gb on monday .... its the new 1 with updates... so i think its 1.1.3 and i want custom apps on it... do i need to jb it cuz its already 1.1.3 or do i need to downgrade it to 1.1.1 and then go to 1.1.3 jb? im confused...
  2. brosmooth

brosmooth New Member

just read a bunch of tuts on how to jb, but since you have an 8gb, you might be able to just use ziPhone straight out of the box
  3. MrBrightside

MrBrightside Active Member

Using the ZiPhone method, you just keep it on 1.1.3
  4. strepio

strepio New Member

umm this might be stupid ... but whats a ziphone? do i need to still jb it? or just install it and... what does that ziphone do?
  5. weenipper53

weenipper53 New Member

ZiPhone is the new jailbreak just download it to your pc run it and your done
  6. kanadian kevin

kanadian kevin New Member

...though it doesn't ALWAYS work. I got my brand new 8GB touch last week and tried to use ziphone to jailbreak it this morning and ended up with the "BSD root: md0, major 2, minor 0" problem. Other people, though, are having no problems with it. Kind of hit or miss. It'd be interesting to know what's different between those that work and those that don't.
    1 person likes this.
  7. x6blues

x6blues New Member

wouldnt it be wiser to just wait a week or 2 for the SDK and then the actual jailbreak from the dev team. ive read numerous problems with ziphone, thus i havnt used it yet...

btw, it has been called a 50/50 chance, so another reason why im cautious not to use it, like the above post said "hit and miss" sorta deal
  8. weenipper53

weenipper53 New Member

thats what i would do.
  9. MrBrightside

MrBrightside Active Member

Yeah personally i reckon you should downgrade to 1.1.1, jailbreak, upgrade to 1.1.2, jailbreak and get used to the process and installing apps etc until the offiial jailbreak comes out.
  10. strepio

strepio New Member

o ok thx

Please Register or Log in to view images

i will wait .... BTW the only thing i want to change on my ipod touch is to add themes... and change background... is there a way to do it without jailbreaking?