Easy Question! Plus rep if you can help me!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by keepup, Mar 27, 2008.

1. keepup

keepup New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Okay, basically I justed downgraded from 1.1.3 to 1.1.1. I got installer from jailbreakme.com

I installed some sources and A few systems.

My question is how to I upgrade to 1.1.3 without using a computer.

Or is there a way doing it without a computer.

If not, or if there is a way can you please tell me how to do it, or give me a link to a thread that can help me.

Thanks.
  2. rutgersfan147

rutgersfan147 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    no you cant do it w/o a computer. it's pretty easy. all u need to do is download the 1.1.3 firmware, then connect your ipod touch to iTunes, hold down the shift key on your keyboard and click update. A window will pop up where you have to browse for the file. Select the 1.1.3 firmware file, and let it update your ipod. after that download ziphone, unzip, click on ziphone gui and click jailbreak. takes about a minute and there you are. 1.1.3 jailbroken. for ziphone, go to http://downloadziphone.org
  3. rutgersfan147

rutgersfan147 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    here's a link where to get the 1.1.3 firmware http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/

u sure u dont want to just go for 1.1.4 thats wat i have? if u do, it would be the same process, except you can just update through iTunes, no need to shift click or download the firmware manually. it will automatically download through iTunes.
  4. TrckySki123

TrckySki123 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    here is a mobile jailbreak,
    ijailbreak.com/repo.plist
    add it to your sources
    it works okay
  5. fatboyfoley

fatboyfoley New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ehh

if i were you just ssh nto your ipod and copy the files to you desktop.
    then upgrade to it and re ssh into you ipod put the folders back and there you go

Rep points would help
  6. TrckySki123

TrckySki123 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    you need a computer for that
  7. keepup

keepup New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Okay well, what should I download then, 1.1.3 or 1.1.4?

BTW I did read the Firmware comparision thread, but I want your opinion.

Edit: If I do upgrade it, will I lose installer or apps that I have already downloaded?
    And also, for 1.1.3, would it basically be just like downgrading to 1.1.1 (like doing the restore w/shift but finding the 1.1.3 file instead?)
  8. TrckySki123

TrckySki123 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    you can use ijailbreakmobile on 1.1.4, just because it is the most recent i would do that. Yes, you will lose your apps, which is why normally you should use a computer to back it up, however if you do not have that option this is your way to go. I would use 1.1.4 just because the batt life, sound quality and less laginess.

any more questions?

edit: ijm, also works for 1.1.3 as it was originally meant to. Yes it is exactly like that, except you do need to go into restore mode.
  9. yz85 rider

yz85 rider Banned

YEah but also the jailbreaks you get over installer are not true jailbreaks. They upload the firmware but not the boot loader. They are soft jailbreaks.
  10. Aduumzor

Aduumzor New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    (EDIT: THIS COULD WORK FOR 1.1.3, I'm Unsure.)

Heres a couple easy steps.

1. Restore to a fresh 1.1.4 with iTunes

1.5. While it's restoring/downloading 1.1.4 go to www.ZiPhone.org and download Ziphone 2.6c for the correct operatin system you have.

2. When restoring it finished you can close iTunes.

3. Open ZiPhone and keep your iPod Touch still connected into your computer via USB.

4. You'll see once you open the ZiPhone GUI that there will be a Jailbreak iPod Touch button beside the normal Jailbreak which is for iPhones. Select that. Wait 40 seconds and done.

You now have installer on your Springboard.

Please Register or Log in to view images

If you run into difficulties and get a SPAMMING AT error then you'll need to restore.

1. Put your iPod Touch into restore mode by first shutting it off. To do that, hold both home and sleep/wake buttons till it turns off. Once it turns off unplug your iPod from the USB. Now while it still is off, hold down the HOME button and REPLUG the USB cable back into your iPod and it will enter recovery mode.

2. iTunes will pop up and select Restore and it will restore bac kto 1.1.4

3. Once it's finished reopen ZiPhone GUI and under Advanced Options at the bottom there will be a buttom to "Fix NVRAM" press that button and let it do its thing.

4. Once it's done you can again select Jailbreak iPodTouch which we pressed earlier before hitting the "Spamming at" error.

5. Wait 40 seconds and you have installer on your springboard!

Please Register or Log in to view images