Easy, N00b-Friendly Reboot Tutorial.

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by Iamzim9, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Iamzim9

Iamzim9 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    This is using Cywood's GUI jailbreak. I don't know the exact link, but you should find it by searching GUI redsn0w cywood or something like that.

IMPORTANT: IN ORDER TO DO THIS, YOU MUST ALREADY BE JAILBROKEN, I'D ADVISE USING CYWOOD'S GUI.

So, this is what you do.
    Bring your iPod into DFU mode (You should know how to do that if you jailbroke your iPod)
    Now, skip to step 5. Press Upload DFU file, unplug and replug, then the screen should turn white. Now click on Upload 0wn patch. Go to the next step, hit Press Me, and right click in the command prompt window and hit "Paste"
    It'll do all the command line stuff you're too lazy to do. Make sure you keep your computer focused on that command prompt window so all of the commands are entered.
    Now just go to the last step and do everything it says.

After that, you should be rebooted with the custom firmware, Cydia, and especially Winterboard intact.

-Sean
  2. bighunter

bighunter New Member

restart

ok..... i have jail-broken my ipod touch with cywood and i was wondering if i jail-broke it with that do i have to restart it with the same program or is there an easier way bc when i was jail-breaking my ipod touch there was an error on the second press me button like i think on step six so when i was jail-breaking my ipod i went back and did the first press me button agin since i figured we were just redoing the steps and it worked but for the restart will that work? or could i use a different program? please respond!
  3. unknown1337

unknown1337 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You can reboot using the same program (cyw00ds gui), just go to step 5 and continue from there =D
  4. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yeah, and if cyw00d's GUI won't boot for some reason, just download a booting Tool.