easy iphone app installer

Discussion in 'iPhone Applications on iPod touch' started by colinw3e, Oct 15, 2007.

1. colinw3e

colinw3e New Member

Oct 11, 2007
    can someone make an easy iphone app installer so all i have to do is click what app i want and it will install by itself
  2. netoholik

netoholik New Member

Oct 15, 2007
    I already got touchfree and figure out how it works, but how do i install other apps, games and where do i get them?
    Thks in advance
  3. baxors

baxors New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Isn't it actually is as you say? Installer.app is easy to use, just choose thew app you want to install, and you have it.

I can't see the problem?
  4. samhain959

samhain959 New Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Mambotango posted this in another thread:

FYI: that how-to is for .app files you have downloaded off the net, and want to transfer to your ipodtouch. Of course, there is always that installer app that lists a bunch of useful apps to download and install automatically.
  5. bartlpe

bartlpe New Member

Oct 11, 2007

Thats not from me...found it on the phorum where the ijailreak editor posts...

worked fine for me!!
    off course thats after u jailbroke ure ipodtouch
    thats the link to it: http://www.apple-touch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=348&page=30

Ok those of you who have successfully installed the v2 of jailbreak but now are in limbo as to how to install the iphone apps here is a guide. I am no techie, so don't ask me any questions. This is a compilation of tips and tools that I got from this thread and then implemented on my IPT. I am running a mac mini intel duo core. You will need an SSH client to accesss your IPT. I used Cyberduck. That is the only client I have ever tried and it was my first time. I had to fumble thru it.

The Steps

1) Download what you need

a) SummerBoard (desktop app) (this is the alpha version for IPT and it works!!)

b) Download the Iphone apps and the 2 support files

2) Access your IPT using Cyberduck and the web IP address of your ipod. Make sure you are using SFTP (SSH secure file transfer) in the protocol drop down menu.

The user is : root
    The password is: alpine

3) Unzip your Summerbord file. The resulting folder has an Info file with all the instructions on how and where to install the files. The instructions are clear just follow them carefully.

4) When all the files are in their appropriate folders you will need to reboot your ipod. Exit cyberduck.

5) With the installer, install Mobile Terminal onto your IPT. Run it from the springboard desktop.
    In the terminal type in the following:

chmod -R a+x /Applications/*

Press return

Again I am no geek but that seems to aid in the integration of the third party softwares. You will be doing this once more during this process.

6) Next start Cyberduck again and make your connection to your IPT.
    Open up the applications folder that you downloaded. Then on your IPT locate the Applications folder there. One by one drag the downloaded apps into the applications folder on your IPT. You have now loaded the apps but you need to add the support files.

7) The other file that came with the iphone apps is called System. Open that file and
    you will see a library folder. Inside the library folder are two more folders, Frameworks and PreferenceBundles. (note: there is a version of iphone apps on Demonoid that are missing these important support files making it worthless)

Make sure you move the GMM.framework and MobileMail.preferencebundle to the appropriate folder on the iPT (via Cyberduck). This is VERY important if you want your mail app and maps app to work properly. You want to drag the files that are inside these folders to your IPT.

MobileMailSettings.bundle to: /System/Library/PreferenceBundles/MobileMailSettings.bundle

GMM.Framework to: /System/Library/Frameworks/GMM.Framework

8) When you have loaded all the files onto your IPT, close out Cyberduck.
    Reboot your ipod

9) When your ipod reboots you should see your apps on the Springboard. DO NOT CLICK ON THEM YET! instead open the terminal again and type in:

chmod -R a+x /Applications/*

press return
    Reboot again
    Everything should be there and fully functional...Good Luck!!

Again I am no techie, I just did as i was told and finally got it to work.

You could just wait for AriX to finish his v3. It will make life so much

thanks for brug who wrote this!!