Easy Downgrade to 1.1.1

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by shadowstepster, Nov 14, 2007.

1. shadowstepster

shadowstepster Member

I've seen a TON of questions about downgrading so I wrote a guide. I did alot in the PSP scene so I'm pretty good at this stuff.

Please Register or Log in to view images

1. Download the IPOD TOUCH restore program for 1.1.1 (Google "touchdev", click the Touchdev wiki link, click "decrypt firmwares", scroll down a little, copy and paste the right download URL into your browser{thanks to 02 Turbo for the instructions}). Make sure that if you are on a mac, you save it with an .ipsw extension and not a .zip or it will corrupt it.

2. Put it somewhere EASY to find, like the desktop.

3. Plug in your Ipod Touch and open up iTunes.

4. Hold down the power and home button on your ipod touch for ten seconds. After ten seconds let go of the power button but continue to hold the home button (it may take a few tries to put it into recovery mode). iTunes will tell you that you must restore your iPod Touch before it can be used.

5. Look at the Summary page for your iPod in iTunes. For a windows user, hold down shift and click "restore". For a mac user, hold down the option key and click "restore".

6. A new window will open telling you to open a file. Find the iPod Touch restore file you downloaded and saved on your desktop and open that.

7. Wait a while for the iPod to restore to 1.1.1 .

Good job newbie! I hope this guide is as idiot-proof as I tried to make it.
  2. JosephQuest

JosephQuest New Member

i googled touchdev and found decrypt firmwares nowhere.

edit: i figured it out. you left out clicking the wiki link.
  3. shadowstepster

shadowstepster Member

added it now. Thanx for pointing it out. Im sure some people wouldnt have figured it out.

4. 02 turbo

02 turbo New Member

Thanks for the credit

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8153
  5. shadowstepster

shadowstepster Member

6. onyxd

onyxd New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    to downgraqde without deleting your files, just hold shift+check for update and search for the downloaded 1.1.1 firmware then it will "update" your ipod back to 1.1.1 without wiping out the content if you dont want to delete your already downloaded videos and music on your ipod...

ive done it many times so it works...
  7. elaminen

elaminen New Member

Thanks so much, this was so helpful - I've been getting a touch confuzzled!
  8. shadowstepster

shadowstepster Member

Yeah. I read a few guides and they confused me because they had a bunch of weird steps. I'm glad I could help.
  9. beeeen

beeeen New Member

This is now the 5th or 6th thread I've posted this in. I've downloaded 1.1.1. on my desktop. I renamed the zip file too. I click option + restore, I click 1.1.1 and everything seems okay. It says it's extracting it etc etc, but then it says it can't be restored due to "error (1)" I've downloaded 1.1.1 from 2-3 different sources and I get the same answer, know how to fix this?

You might also want to add in the guide that you need to rename the file to ipsw.
  10. mambo71

mambo71 New Member

hi ..many thanks for the guide to downgrade to 1.1.1. I followed the steps as close as possible but each time i down the file it automatically unzips to a folder. after that i can't restore my itouch firmware. did i do anything wrong here?