Easy and correct way to access DFU mode

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Andrewtst, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Andrewtst

Andrewtst New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I notice a easy and correct way for access the DFU mode. (No need timing count)

Please Register or Log in to view images

100% working

1. Plug in your ipod touch / iphone to PC.
    2. Press "Home" and "Power" button until device off and release both button.
    3. Press and hold "Home" button.
    4. Press "Power" button once and immediate release it but still hold the "Home" button
    5. Wait until the iTunes appear and mention you are in recovery mode and release the "Home" button and now you are in the DFU recovery mode.

Step number 4 is the step different than any written, no need to press and hold "Power" button around 7 to 10 seconds, this is not a correct way and due to wrong timing count, you may accidentally power on the device and this will make you access to normal recovery mode rather than DFU mode. I notice this after a thousand time restore due to the buggy firmware 2.0.x springboard.
  2. Frozen72

Frozen72 New Member

Getting into DFU mode isn't that wtih hard the normal method. Thanks anyway...
  3. Andrewtst

Andrewtst New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I write this because I notice sometimes people cannot get in the DFU mode. So I believe this guide will helps.

What for counting the timing to get access DFU mode since they is no need to do so.

After step 1 to 3,

Just [Click "Power" button once and immediate release the "Power" button but continue hold the "Home" button until the iTunes appear with message you are in restore mode] and you will definately successfull access the DFU restore mode easily.
  4. itouchnathan

itouchnathan New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    LOL, im guessing english is your second language?
    Caus you have so many errors

And its easy to do this:
    Turn it off normally.
    Hold the 'On/Off' button and the back button for 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 seconds, then let go of the power button and wait till your iPod/iPhone gets the apple logo on the screen xD
    The only way people will ever need your help is if they forget to count. lol.