Easy 3.0 fix

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by McJanglez, Jul 8, 2009.

1. McJanglez

McJanglez New Member

This is me asking for an easy fix, I currently am using 3.0 but the internet glitches are unbearable, so I wanted to downgrade back to 2.2.1. I opened iTunes and it showed me the first picture. I said ok and then clicked restore thinking it would just put in a backup or something but it showed me the second picture, and I do NOT want to lose anything so I clicked cancel. I got the 2.2.1 firmware and attempted to shift click restore and it seemed to work it extracted it then right as it begun preparing iPod it showed me the last picture. The two files are in the second to last picture. What do I do my iPod is stuck in the connect to iTunes picture screen, with the usb and iTunes thingy. I need help I hope this is an easy fix for someone, because it is killing me, Thanks.

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      148.5 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      180.6 KB
      Views:
    • 3.png
      3.png
      File size:
      135.6 KB
      Views:
    • 4.png
      4.png
      File size:
      134.1 KB
      Views:
    • 5.png
      5.png
      File size:
      127.8 KB
      Views:
  2. StaticFX

StaticFX New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    what issues with 3.0 ? works great for me....

since you have already lost everything (and will when you restore)

select restore - NO BACKUP - pick the 3.0 update - then select NEW IPOD after
    you will have to re-sync and set everything back up.. but it seems to fix many problems people have had.
  3. IPT2GISEPICWIN

IPT2GISEPICWIN New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193048

Seriously? It's even stickied.

It doesn't back anything up. YOU have to back everything up your self. You can select backup in iTunes but you won't keep music or stuff like that...only settings and contacts. I suggest staying on 3.0...as there is going to be 3.1 soon and then 3.1 jailbreak and also there are no "internet bugs" it's all in your head.
  4. McJanglez

McJanglez New Member

thanks for the help but it's not in my head, like you pointed out, look it up, MANY other ppl have internet problems, i'm not a f***in retard i know when the wifi status bar disappears and reappears.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    plus, to staticFX, when i upgraded i didnt lose anything