Easter Egg? Hidden Song?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by ital_dj, Jul 27, 2008.

1. ital_dj

ital_dj New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Easter Egg? Hidden Song? (UPDATED with pic)

Hi guys...

I think I might have found some sort of Easter Egg left behind by Apple. I wake up on a Sunday afternoon, on the 27th of July. A day like... today. I turn to my iPod which is sitting right next to me, to check my emails. I take it out of sleep mode by hitting the home button, I'm pretty sure at least, and I see something unusual under the clock. Instead of seeing the date, I see the words: "Jersey Bounce". I ask myself what the hell it is, and how this iPod was playing music all night when the last thing I was listening to was a podcast, and I was sure it was stopped by the time I put it down. Anyway, I slide my finger to unlock my iPod, and in the top right corner I don`t see a play button. So I double tap my home button quickly to bring up my music menu, and there it is again. In full, it says: (I`ll put each line in separate quotes) "Benny Goodman & His Orchestra" "Jersey Bounce" "1941-1942". Underneath that was a pause button, indicating it's already playing, but it's not. I touch the pause button, and it just stays the same way.

Has anyone heard of this before?

Also, don't worry, I took a screenshot so I'll post that when I get home, since I'm out right now.

EDIT: I uploaded the picture, so you can see for sure. The only app I could see doing this would be Last.fm but when you close the app, it doesn't show in Apple's 'what's playing' box. The only time I've come across this is when you just lock it while the song's playing in Last.fm, but I closed the app, and am about 85% sure I hit stop too, the last time I listened to it. Plus I don't listen to that music.

Attached Files:

2. RenegadeKrogan

RenegadeKrogan Banned

I have never heard of this before...post the pic!
  3. meepo

meepo New Member

i think this happens when you listen to a song then you turn the ipod off without switching the app off.
  4. sprigner

sprigner New Member

So you never put this song on your iPod? lolwtf
  5. bohemian03

bohemian03 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    yeah, can you put up a pic or something? it sounds really interesting.
  6. rickatnight11

rickatnight11 New Member

Perhaps there is a Japanese woman living in your closet who listens to your iPod at night while you sleep.
  7. bentwookie

bentwookie New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Exactly what and how much were you drinking the night before?

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. Fehr

Fehr New Member

What the hell. Oo

If you don't close an application, it continues to run. (e.g. When you run a NES rom, you have to close to the "ROM list" before NES will actually stop running.) Simply pressing the home button doesn't stop the process...

At least that's what I believe..
  9. rickatnight11

rickatnight11 New Member

There was a recent story from Japan about a man who noticed food and other items disappearing from his apartment. He put up cameras and caught a woman living in his house eating food etc. when he was gone.
    This is true of jailbroken apps, but not Apple apps. Apple specifically wanted to stress the least amount of processes running at once, hence their Push Notification Service. I think what's happening here is that some sort of bug is leaving the wrong track information. If it's a track that the OP doesn't even have, then that's a bit odd, but perhaps the device pulls track information from the Internet, and if the track ID got muddled that could have been what happened.
  10. ital_dj

ital_dj New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ok everyone the post has been updated with the picture.