Easiest way to jailbreak ipod touch 2g with 2.2.1 firmware! please help

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by racecardude09, Mar 19, 2009.

1. racecardude09

racecardude09 New Member

hello i have an ipod touch 2g with 2.2.1 firmware i wanted to know if which is the easiest way to jailbreak for windows since i have a dell inspiron desktop with windows vista its a 32bit...also like what will i need to do it and how much time does it take and is it safe like does anyone have any problems...also is it easy to revert it back to its original self..???...how bout will this jailbreak be able to also have the new 3.0 os for the ipod touch i know it is 9.95 but i want it when it comes out will i be able to use it while my ipod is jailbroken??...
  2. Wsco2010

Wsco2010 New Member

search around on the forums for quick freedom tutorial or something like that.
  3. DeFekT

DeFekT New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    QuickFreedom is, aso of now one of the best GUI's. And there's a lot of threads explaining the techs and what not about the JB..Please search. Good Luck!
  4. enyahs

enyahs Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Quick Freedom. PERIOD.
  5. racecardude09

racecardude09 New Member

hey but will i be able to revert back to the original 2.2.1 firmware since i am aware that a jailbroken ipod voids the insurance policy of the company including of the store you purchased it from...??
  6. juvenilepunk

juvenilepunk Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Quickfreedom took me 3-5 minutes, have not had any problems.
  7. Wrathchild

Wrathchild Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yes. You can revert back at anytime by simply holding shift + restore in itunes and selecting your original 2.2.1 firmware.
  8. Man696

Man696 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Theres a chance your ipod and computer will explode into flames and engulf you and your house in a fiery ball of death. Other than that its perfectly safe.
  9. racecardude09

racecardude09 New Member

but where do i download the 2.2.1 firmware to have it saved on my computer so if in case i want to revert back to the original state it was in...???
  10. Man696

Man696 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    You have it there automatically if you bought an iPod touch 2g... You need to have it on your computer to even do the jailbreak in the first place so if your already jailbroken your good...