Easier way to get DFU Mode

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Haizum, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Haizum

Haizum New Member

I have found an easier way to get into DFU Mode. Hopefully this hasn't already been posted but if it has apologies. Ok, so you have got your custom firmware ready and you now need to get DFU Mode going but keep getting Error 6 messages???? Ok here is an easier way than counting to ten, take off five, jump up and down and fart at the dog.
    Make sure itunes is up and running and you Ipod is NOT connected by USB and volume is turned up on your computer.

1) Power off your Ipod and then connect it to your USB cable.

2) Listen to the 'connect' sound and when you hear that, press and hold the HOME and POWER button and keep them pressed.

3) When you hear the 'disconnect' sound, let go of the POWER button.

4) When you hear the 'connect' sound again, let go of the HOME button and you should now be in DFU Mode.

As long as you have followed these instructions then you WILL be in DFU Mode.

5) Carry on with JB'ing

Again, if this has been posted before, apologies. Am sheet at searching.
  2. Chao0104

Chao0104 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The easiest way for me is just to install iLiberty+ and go to other tools and boot it into DFU mode that way. Using this method, you dont even have to hold one button to boot into DFU
  3. Haizum

Haizum New Member

Excellent. I prefer not having to install more stuff though and this is another alternative
  4. cacman93

cacman93 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Yeah, but once again, iliberty doesn't work with 2.0, why don't people get that everyone isn't on 1.1.x. anymore, damn people, get it in your head.
  5. Chao0104

Chao0104 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It doesn't have to be in 1.1.4 iLiberty can still boot 2.0 into DFU, it just cant jailbreak it
  6. cacman93

cacman93 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    are you sure? becuase i tried and it didn't work.
  7. CurlyCarlos

CurlyCarlos New Member

I definitely want to try this... so I'll bookmark it.
  8. EyesOfARaven

EyesOfARaven New Member

IMO the easiest way is the one that comes with xpwn, called idevice I believe, you can check it out in my tutorial (link in sig) if you haven't seen it.
  9. CurlyCarlos

CurlyCarlos New Member

As far as pwning, I'm so glad I used the guide that doesn't require DFU. Worked like a charm.
  10. Haizum

Haizum New Member

As I said, its just another option for folk who are having trouble doing it without software help. i.e Using the Winpwn tutorial.