Easier Icon & Wallpaper Selection Idea.

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by Aduumzor, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Aduumzor

Aduumzor New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    This idea is very simple and easy for me to put together.
    I just need to know if it will benefit and if it's allowed.

So my idea is, you know how some themes don't have an icon for an application? Then you start downloading twenty themes looking for a nice and suitable icon then at the end you're all frustrated? Well I had an idea of making that process easy as a click of a mouse!

My idea is for me to download various themes, and sort out the icons, and wallpapers etc into their own folders. So instead of downloading 10 themes, you can download ONE file that will include many icons and wallpapers.

Ofcourse I'm implementing recognition of the sources of the packs and creators but I need help on how should I recognize them other than including the .zip of their theme with the download.

Please Register or Log in to view images

For instance, there will be one file with many sub folders. For instance, in the first folder you'll find a folder called "Icons", "Wallpapers", "StatusBar" etc. Inside those will include more sub folders. For instance, in icons folder you'll see an "Apollo" folder. Then inside that you'll find various Apollo icons labelled 1-whatever then you choose it, rename it and include it in the theme your missing.

Or even creating custom made themes for your choice. (Going to put a disclaimer as you cannot copyright and call your own, I understand

) So to find an apollo icon you'd go thru (Main File Name) Folder > Icons Folder > Apollo Folder > Apollo Icon.

I've encountered that problem many times and I think many others have to. Again, it does take a lot of work getting the themes, cutting em down & renaming them. But I'm up to it if anyone thinks it'd be a great help.

EDIT: I sent a PM to SkylarEC for permission and I just wanted the publics opinion as well.
  2. bob vansteel

bob vansteel Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    someone has done something like this....shure u can do it....but be sure to credit people and list thier theme....because the guy who did somthin like this got hammered because he didnt do that.....nothing worse than a ton of angry theme creators!!!!
  3. Aduumzor

Aduumzor New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'm continuing on this with anyways.

Progress Report.
    --------------------------

I'm first going to make my first package with all of the themes uploaded on iPTF Repo since Feb 27.
    Aiming to finish on Saturday & Release with a video tutorial on how to use.
  4. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    uugghhh this was my idea too! but not going to make a vide or a repo... but yopu doing it will by nicer then haveing me to do it...
  5. Aduumzor

Aduumzor New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Repo..? What are you talking about? For installer?!

Thats not possible, at least for now. I"m just gathering icons together and putting them in folders so people don't have to download all 20 themes to find a certain icon.

It's very tedious though, thats all I can say momentarily.
  6. Manic Nimrod

Manic Nimrod Well-Known Member

Yea its already been done, and he got flamed for him not giving credit
  7. Aduumzor

Aduumzor New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'm still stuck on how I should credit the creators.
    Like I know the simplest way is to make a document and put their pack names and creators but I want something more elaborate. Something to show I respect the creators while keeping it creative.

I'll think of it as the release date nears.
  8. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i meant me NOT making a repo. that will be to hard for me to do plus i don't even know how to!!!! i was just thinking that was going to download every theme on this site. and place it on my website so people can download what theme they want and they can ssh it to there iPot. in each folder i would make a note stating so-and-so made this theme on what ever date. that was my part of my plan. the other part is what you are doing. collect every icons and place them in a folder in order like a setting icon folder, a installer icon folder, Youtube icon folder, Clock icon folder, ect. it might be in a website order instead of folder order. that was my plan. it would take me work though (if i WAS ever going to do it). i might consider it... over the my spring break or summer.
  9. Nickr1313

Nickr1313 New Member

Ya, i did the exact same thing and i got flamed, search this forum and youll find it. But im gonna release a new version with permission from everyone and alot more new icons.
  10. Aduumzor

Aduumzor New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Project will be delayed since I don't have much time anymore and waiting for permission can take awhile.
    But I'll still be working on it.
    Latest it'll be out is March 8th.
    If all the creators would PM me back with permission.