Earphones???

Discussion in 'Audiophiles: Headphones, Earphones, etc.' started by TM1, Sep 30, 2007.

1. TM1

TM1 New Member

First post here and just got my Touch Friday and wanted to know what kind of earphones you guys use. The ones that come with it are crap, sound and fit are horrible on these and i'm currently using some $30 Sony headphones i got about two years ago. Anyone own those Bose, Shure, or Sennheiser earphones. Pretty pricey but i was curious if it is worth the cost. I work at Best Buy so i can get them cheaper than retail but wanted to know if it is really worth it. Thanks
  2. andyandy6464

andyandy6464 New Member

I own the Shure E2C's (http://www.amazon.com/Koss-SPARKPLUG-Stereo-Ear-Plugs/dp/B00081A2DQ)
    They're excellent - they retail for around $99, but I stole them from my younger sister who didn't like them. Score!

I like them because they go in ear, and they pretty much cancel out any ambient noise around you. And they have VERY good bass reproduction.

Other one's i've heard good things about are the Koss "sparkplugs"

http://www.amazon.com/Koss-SPARKPLUG-Stereo-Ear-Plugs/dp/B00081A2DQ

Definately more comfortable than the iPod's headphones, but most likely around the same quality.
  3. nintendodude

nintendodude New Member

welcome to the forums! i too noticed that the earphones included with the touch are even lower quality than the ones included with other late ipods. they sounded horrible! my brother has the 180$ Bose on ear headphones, they sound amazing and are totally worth it if you have the money for that sort of thing.
  4. whatproblems

whatproblems New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    I use the headphones that came wit my hp laptop... theyre awesome and you can adjust the volume right on them
  5. nintendodude

nintendodude New Member

lol, are they the yellow LIVESTRONG ones? my sister has them too and i thougt they felt too large.
  6. trmac

trmac New Member

I have Sennheiser CX300s which are pretty good if you don't want to spend a heap of money. They'll be a bit more bass heavy than the Shure's if that's what your looking for. I'm in Aus but I think they're roughly 70USD.

If you wan't to spend more, I currently looking to upgrade to the Shure E3C's or more likely the SE210s.
  7. TM1

TM1 New Member

One i'm currently thinking of buying are the Shure SE110's. I'm not looking to drop a lot of money on earphones but if i can get these for a good price i'll probably pick them up. The Bose in ear headphones that retail for $100 i can get for $50 so i'll see what i can get for the Shure's.
  8. trmac

trmac New Member

I've not heard good things about the Bose's. Best to avoid them I reckon. If you're only looking to spend that much, there's some Sony's, I think they're MDR EX71 or something like that in that price range, which are meant to be good.
  9. Kurokaze

Kurokaze New Member

i got a pair of e3c's right when the new series came out at fry's. it came to a point where the e3c was cheaper than the e2c. the most awesome thing is i accidently stepped on one of the buds, used some krazy glue to retighten it and it still works like new! sad thing is i'm still looking for new headphones :/ those plugs get dirty...
  10. arevalo

arevalo New Member

What kind of music will you be listening to?

btw.

head-fi + search =

Please Register or Log in to view images