Earphones w/mic and control

Discussion in 'Audiophiles: Headphones, Earphones, etc.' started by capitaltpt, Jun 14, 2009.

1. capitaltpt

capitaltpt New Member

I'm looking for a cheaper alternative to the Apple in-ear headset. My requirements are:

In-Ear
    Mic
    Ability to Play,Pause, and Skip tracks (volume control a plus, but not required)
    $40 or less

Any suggestions?
  2. Conya

Conya Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I would also like earphones like this.. *posting to subscribe to the thread*

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Sitruss

Sitruss New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I was about to say hf2 but those are a good $180 USD (so worth it

Please Register or Log in to view images

). There's the UE Metro-fi 200v for $25. If you're willing to chip in more there's the v-moda vibes headset at $80-ish, and I believe Sennheiser had a mid-level offering around $65 called the MM50 ip.
  4. capitaltpt

capitaltpt New Member

Thanks for the reply. My only qualm with the ones you listed are they they only include the one-button play/pause remote. I need something that will skip tracks.
  5. dlstc

dlstc Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Scosche will soon be selling the HP150m's (now taking pre-orders) for $39.99:

Available for Pre-Order only, shipping first week of July 2009
    - control play, pause, adjust volume, skip tracks, navigate playlists and activate the VoiceOver feature to hear the name of the song and artist on the iPod shuffle (Gen 3)
    - record voice memos on the iPod touch (Gen 2), iPod nano (Gen 4), iPod classic (120 GB)
    - includes S,M,L soft silicone inserts for unparalleled noise isolation and comfort

They have other models that are Increased Dynamic Range and noise isolating with various prices and features.

I've been checking them out and trying to decide what to do. I purchased the Griffin Navigate that allows controls and FM radio, but no mic. It's also big and adds a lot of extra length. It's good for the car or my purse, but I'm not sold yet.
  6. zippoman

zippoman New Member

Looking last nite. Motorola s9-hd. $65.00 USD cheapest. check google.
  7. dlstc

dlstc Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well, the OP didn't mention anything about bluetooth. And the S9HD's mic usage hasn't been confirmed, has it?

I have the Jaybirds and would highly recommend them, but the mic only works for calls, not memos or voice recording.. But for wired headphones (which won't drain the iPod power for bluetooth connectivity, and would presumably have better sound), the Scosche look like a good alternative.

According to this thread: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201711,
    the S9HD's don't have mic, forward or reverse control.
  8. Armerad

Armerad New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Those sound awesome, any idea if they will be sold in stores?
  9. dlstc

dlstc Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If you go to their web site, you can search for local dealers.

My local Supercenter WalMart sells various Scosche products, so may be in local stores.

D
  10. jonuga

jonuga New Member

I have a 1st Gen Ipod Touch and I really just need a remote for it (no need for mic or anything, I just wanna play, pause, forward and volume). Is there any option for us 1st gen users??

I have searched and searched and haven't found anything so far.

Thanks